Team Lead, Scenario Planning
Team Lead, Scenario Planning
Grafton Specialist Recruitment are recruiting for a Team Lead on behalf of a utilities company. This is a fantastic opportunity within the Innovation and Planning Directorate in the Scenario Planning team based in Belfast. The Team Lead will lead the team in the delivery of team, department and company objectives.
- Lead the team in the development of projects including storyline development, analysis of industry and consumer trends.
- Lead engagement with stakeholders to capture industry, government and regulatory input to development of projects.
- Oversee the development and delivery of publication documents to ensure a consistently high standard of stakeholder engagement is maintained.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of projects in line with expectations.
- Lead the development of the company code to comply with relevant legislation and accommodate new technologies onto the power system. Work across teams and departments to ensure timely delivery and ensure stakeholder expectations are met.
- Stay up to date with national and international developments with an emphasis on new and emerging technologies used to decarbonise energy sectors for example in electricity, transport and heating energy sectors.
- Lead the development of new transmission investment policies, review and update existing policies and contribute to review of transmission system planning and operating standards.
- Lead the development, maintenance and quality assurance of power system planning data.
- Lead and motivate the team in the delivery of team and company objectives and strategy.
- Mentor and develop junior members of the team.
- An engineering degree or a closely related discipline with at least 8 years relevant experience
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of the Northern Ireland power system
- Ability to guide, persuade and influence others through developed skills of communication and diplomacy
- Excellent organisational skills and strong track record of delivery
- Strong analysis, judgement and problem solving ability
- Capable of providing innovative solutions to complex issues in a timely manner
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and capable of delivering in context of changing parameters/requirements
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- A well-developed understanding of energy policy objectives and legislation; including global, European and national greenhouse gas emissions targets, national incentives and their impact on energy sectors
- Knowledge of recent technology advances and possible future emerging technologies, including the electricity and gas supply side and electricity, heating and transport demands
- Experience in leading industry consultations and presenting to an external audience
The successful Team Lead will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Team Lead role will be based in Belfast.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland