£11.88 an hour + £50 sleep-in rate
My client provides residential support to adults with learning disabilities. The facility provides short term respite care for up to 7 residents at a time.
The Team Leader is part of the management team and will support the Registered Manager to meet the Residential Care Home Minimum Standards (2011). They will support the Registered Manager to develop and implement personalised care plans and individual risk assessments to meet individual needs. They will also supervisor and mentor the Support Team.
The role requires participation in the delivery of person-centred care, including personal care and promotion of a team approach at all times with positive and constructive working relationships for the benefit of the service user.
- Delegate care tasks as per service user requirements and ensuring that these are carried out to the acceptable standards.
- Ensure staff provide support that follows service user's care plans.
- Manage staff team to ensure the health safety and wellbeing of service users, staff and others
- Fulfill the role of the person in charge of a shift in the absence of Registered Manager.
- Ensure that all service users are supported as individuals
- Be competent in all areas of practice and ensure that knowledge is current, and evidence based
- Provide support, direction and supervision to the support workers and act as a role model at all times.
- Take the lead on ensuring all support workers are competent and report any concerns to the line manager.
- Ensure that service user person centred plans are maintained in line with Croft Communities Record Keeping principles and guide Support Workers on how to maintain a high standard of such.
- Act as an advocate for service users' putting their best interests first and foremost whilst ensuring the health and safety of all who receive and deliver services.
- Demonstrate a caring attitude always for both service users and colleagues
*for a more in depth job description contact below
- Annual Leave 5.6 weeks in each leave year (inclusive of public and bank holidays). This increases with length of service, up to 33 days per year.
- Paid breaks
- Tea and coffee available
- Paid annual NISCC registration fees
- Commitment to development of employees through paid training and learning opportunities, including QCF qualifications.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme, 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution
- Occupational Sick Pay (20 days full pay after 2 years' service)
- Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24/7 Doctors support
- Health Cashback Scheme
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
- GCSE Maths and English A*-C or equivalent.
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social care or relevant equivalent.
- Two years previous experience in a social care setting providing support/care.
- Working knowledge of learning disabilities and associated needs.
- Effective Communication and IT skills.
If you feel you have the skills to excel in this role, hit APPLY or contact Staffline and ask to speak to ERIN FAULKNER for a confidential discussion about the role.