TEAM LEADER - SUPPORTED LIVING
|Published||about 1 month ago|
|Contact email||Angela Hughes|
TEAM LEADER - SUPPORTED LIVING
£10.80 p/h & sleep in payment
37 hours per week
Bangor, County Down
My client provides Supported Living support to adults with learning disabilities. The Team Leader is part of the management team and will support the Registered Manager to meet the Domiciliary Care Agencies Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2007 and the DHSS&PS Domiciliary Care Agency Minimum Standards.
They will ensure the NIHE "Supporting People" contractual requirements and standards are met and maintained. The team leader will support the Registered Manager and Supported Living Lead to develop and implement personalised care/support plans and individual risk assessments to meet individual needs.
They will support the Registered Manager and Supported Living Lead to ensure the delivery of quality care and support. The Team leader would assist service users with activities of daily living and facilitate inclusion of service users in a broad range of activities. The role requires participation in the delivery of person-centred care, including personal care and promotion of a team approach at all times with positive and constructive working relationships for the benefit of the service user.
Team leaders will also support with the management of budgets and resources effectively. The team leader will mentor and supervise the Support team. Team leaders must be available to work flexibly and be available to work unsociable hours and public holidays on a rotational basis, including sleep-ins.
- Annual Leave 5.6 weeks in each leave year (inclusive of public and bank holidays). This increases with length of service, up to 33 days per year.
* Paid breaks
* Tea and coffee available
* Paid annual NISCC registration fees
* Commitment to development of employees through paid training and learning opportunities, including QCF qualifications.
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme, 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution
* Occupational Sick Pay (20 days full pay after 2 years' service)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24/7 Doctors support
* Health Cashback Scheme
* Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delegating personal care and housing support tasks as per service user requirements and ensuring that these are carried out to the acceptable standards.
* Ensure staff provide support that follows service user's care plans and support plans
* Managing staff team to ensure the health safety and wellbeing of service users, staff and others
* Fulfilling the role of the person in charge of a shift in the absence of Registered Manager or Supported Living Lead.
* Ensure that all service users are supported as individuals
* To be competent in all areas of practice and ensure that knowledge is current, and evidence based
* Provide support, direction and supervision to the support workers and act as a role model at all times.
* Take the lead on ensuring all support workers are competent and report any concerns to the line manager.
* Ensure that service user personal centred plans are maintained in line with Croft Communities Record Keeping principles and guide support staff on how to maintain a high standard of such.
* Act as an advocate for service users' putting their best interests first and foremost whilst ensuring the health and safety of all who receive and deliver services.
* Demonstrate a caring attitude always for both service users and colleagues.
- Lead the shift and support staff to follow service users care and support plans
* Ensure a well led service and promote positive team working at all times
* Address any service, staff related or service user issues in a timely manner in adherence with my clients policy and procedures.
* Effectively report on any deficits within rotas that could impact negatively on the operational running of the service.
* Ensure documentation is recorded accurately and appropriately in compliance with my clients requirements and that records made, and personal information used are in compliance with the Data Protection Act and GDPR Requirements.
* Develop the staff team in contributing to the writing, implementing and reviewing of support plans which reflect the interests and wishes of the individual service user.
* Ensure budgetary compliance in relation to use of resources for example, the delivery of commissioned hours, use of agency staff, management of petty cash and service resources.
- Support service users through their process of transition and take on key working responsibilities.
* Get to know service users, their needs and interests.
* Overall responsibility for the day to day running of the house in which you are leading.
* Lead and support the staff team to assist and encourage service users to make decisions based
- Ensure daily records of care provided are maintained within service user files and iPlanit, maintain all other records as required.
* Ensure effective communication systems are maintained and utilise current electronic recording system (iPlanit).
* Report any changes in, or concerns about, individual service users to Supported Living Lead/Registered Manager.
* Have responsibility for the accuracy, security and confidentiality of service user records
* Ensure unusual, complex or difficult situations are addressed and reported, referring to Supported Living Lead or Registered Manager at all times
* Ensure all RQIA and other regulatory standards are adhered to and support all staff members through the inspection process.
Health and Safety
- Be involved in the support of new or less experienced staff undertaking similar duties. Providing guidance in accordance with Croft Communities Policies and Procedures
- Work in a way that meets the statutory requirements of employees under Health and Safety at Work.
- GCSE Maths and English A*-C or equivalent
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social care or relevant equivalent
- Two years previous experience in a social care setting providing support/care.
- Working knowledge of learning disabilities and associated needs.
- Effective Communication and IT skills
- Hold a full current driving licence valid for use in the UK and have access to a vehicle *consideration will be given to alternative travelling proposals in respect of applicants with a disability who cannot hold a licence.
- Professional qualification in Social work, Nursing or Allied Health Professional qualification All applicants must be registered, or eligible to register at the time of appointment, on the appropriate part of their professional register (NISCC, NMC, HCPC)
- RQF Health & Social care or willing to attain with Croft Communities
- Can demonstrate previous experience of working in Supported Living Context
- Experience of supervising/coaching staff and co-ordinating provision of support and personal care
- Collaborative working and the ability to work in a team to deliver our vision and strategic aims
- Commitment to building a community that recognises Equality and Diversity
- Ability to support service users to Achieve their full potential
- Committed to ensuring the provision of high quality person centered services.
- Demonstrating Resilience to meet the objectives of the job
**Expanded criteria available up request
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890242824 ext 404 or on 07826064920.