Our Client, a large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Technical Advisor for a 6 month contract with possible extension. This role will involve dealing directly with approval and adoptions of sewerage infrastruture within new development interfacing with developers and their agents. It will also assist in the design of water mains and completion of planning applications.
Role: Technical Advisor
Location: Omagh / Seagoe
Duration: 6 months (possible extension)
Pay Rate: £12.31 p/h
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Assessment of developers submitted drainage layout including sustainable drainage systems for future adoption by Client.
- Inspection and assessment of developer constructed sewers for adoption.
- Design of on-site water mains to be laid within development sites.
- Direct liaison with client contractors to facilitate connection to the sewer network and repairs to development sewers.
- Direct liaison with operational staff to facilitate laying of water mains within housing development.
- Site visits throughout Northern Ireland to facilitate inspections of sewers.
- Provide input to queries from public representative, senior management and the Department as required
- Apply relative legislation specific to new and existing infrastructure and servicing development
- Customer Compliance standards and agreed targets within relevant timeframes
- Manage contractors to complete on-site inspection and repair of sewers as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate application of the Company's annual Scheme of Charges
A minimum of a HNC in Civil Engineering or a Water Industry Certificate and have 2 years' experience in the design of sewerage systems to include (hydraulic assessment of sewers and knowledge of relevant standards).
Have 4 years' experience in the design of sewerage systems to include (hydraulic assessment of sewers and knowledge of relevant standards)
Proficient in the use of MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Access.
As this post requires you to travel on official duty throughout Northern Ireland, you must have a full current driving licence or access to a reliable means of transport, which will enable you to fulfil your responsibilities. This is an operational requirement and is essential to meet business needs.
Knowledge in the use of Micro-drainage software to facilitate drainage design
Knowledge in the use of geographical information system.
If interested in this role please upload your CV to the link provided and a member of the team will be in touch.