Staffline Ireland are currently recruiting for a Technical Assistant, for an exciting position with Irish Rail. The location for this role will be Dublin based office or part home remote based. The Ideal candidate will be providing Technical CAD Support to the Building and Facilities Department on Irish Rail.
ROLE & PURPOSE:
- To provide professional support to the Building & Facilities Manager and Building and Facilities NTA Project Manager in relation to all CAD and drawing for all Building and Facilities Wayfinding and associated tasks.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: REPORTS TO:
- Building & Facilities NTA Project Manager
WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH:
- All staff working in the Building and Facilities Department
- RU Operational Station Management
- Engineers, Project Managers and technical staff working within New Works, CCE, CME & SET Departments
- CIE Group property managers and technical staff
- Contractors, Fabricators and suppliers of goods and services
- External agencies, including local authorities, NRA, NTA, CRR etc
The Ideal candidate for this role will have the following:
- A proven background as Technical CAD support with 3 years post graduate
- experience or equivalent proven experience in a
- construction/engineering/design discipline. Proven proficiency in AutoCAD with Revit or similar 3D modelling skill required.
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety issues in a construction/rail environment
- Proven proficiency in AutoCAD with Revit or similar 3D modelling skill required.
In addition desirable skills for this role would be:
- Experience of delivering railway building projects
- Experience in risk assessment of construction work task
- Understanding of Asset data bases
Essential competencies required for the role.
- Competent in computer skills in utilising Outlook, Excel, Word, MS Project, SAP, IAMS Intranet.
- Have a working knowledge of the Building Regulations, relevant Codes of practice, EU Railway TSI's, Planning & Development Act .etc...
- Be able to read, understand Construction Safe Systems Of work, Method statements, risk assessments and approve as necessary.
- Good leadership & communications skills
- Commercial awareness
Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with the general duties of Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
- Comply with Iarnród Éireann Safety Statement
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the CCE and Building and Facilities systems and processes under ISO 9001 and ISO 140001.
- Keep abreast of the latest company and industry standards
- Preparation of technical specifications and relevant approvals for works under the control of the Building and Facilities West Section.
- Observe all Iarnród Éireann, Building and Facilities and CCE policies, standards and procedures to facilitate compliance with the Company's
- Safety Management System in respect of your sphere of influence
- Ensure robust safety management systems and emergency arrangements are in place for works in the Rail environment.
- Identify the key risk areas under your control and ensure that contractors, consultants and external agencies comply with relevant company policies, standards and procedures
- Deliver the planned programme of the Wayfinding 2021 programme of works.
- Represent the Building and Facilities NTA Project Manager at meetings with internal and external bodies in relation to your areas of responsibility and ensure that corporate policy is followed in the decisions/actions taken regarding the outcome of such interaction.
Why use Staffline? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact 091423293 or email email@example.com or apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button