|Published||about 1 month ago|
|Contact email||Stephen McDermott|
Our client is Ireland's largest manufacturer of ambient, chilled, frozen flatbread and garlic bread products. They specialise in producing Pizza Bases, Topped Pizza, Flatbreads, Garlic Baguettes/Slices, and Tortillas alongside an extensive range of Gluten Free and Vegan Dough-Based Products.
This a full time permanant position based in Craigavon working Monday to Friday
Full responsibility for advising on all technical aspects of factory, ensuring that all
products meet Customer and legal requirements, particularly for food safety.
Working with factory team to drive continuous improvement.
The Head of Quality must be able to react quickly to changing circumstances and
make decisions based on fact. They should be independent of outside influence
and not to be swayed by external factors. This is a hands on role requiring high
organisation and the ability to operate at a high level of autonomy.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Successful new product / process introduction through specifications, product information,
reference samples, photographs, Use By schedules, proofing Specs, etc.
* Design, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of HACCP based Quality
Management System, including recording, storing and retrieval of records to demonstrate
product quality, consistency and due diligence using industry best practice, customer best
practice, BRC, Third Party / Legislative requirements / recommendations.
* Monitoring of factory cleaning and housekeeping and hygiene standards through first hand
auditing on the factory floor, analysis of Audit Reports and development of action strategies as a
result of repeated / trending of non-conformances. Contribution to cleaning specification
* Corrective action and control of non-conforming ingredients / product, products under hold,
reject and returns and speed of action and problem solving.
* Provide technical guidance, training and support to other departments, developing awareness
and understanding of technical issues.
* Responsible for the management of line Quality Staff, to include recruitment and selection,
training and development, performance monitoring, counselling and disciplining.
* Product / process / environmental improvements to meet Customer and legislative
requirements and progress against internal KPIs
* Daily reporting for the operation team, providing relevant information to facilitate problem
solving and continuous improvement.
* Liaise with Customers / Statutory Bodies during factory visits and audits providing information
required and implementing corrective action where necessary and the compilation of response
* Analysis of microbiological and chemical results / trends and determination of corrective
action/preventative measures as required and response to Customer Out of Specification
* Participation in the internal, independent auditing team as required.
* Management of serious incidents and corrective actions / preventative measures.
* To ensure all staff are fully trained and accountable
* Coordinate customers report within the required deadlines
* Ensure deadlines are met with customers and teams.
* Attend and support customer visits and write reports accurately which reflects the detail of the
* Implement long-term actions to reduce issues
* Be project leader as necessary
* Any other duties as may be required to fulfil the needs of the position.
Health & Safety Requirements
* Take reasonable care the Health and Safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your
* To be responsible for driving Health and Safety in your area of responsibility including (not
exhaustive) compliance, reporting, investigation, improvement, training etc
* Work in a safe manner and observe the Company Health and Safety Rules and Procedures.
* Cooperate with Managers and other personnel of the Company to achieve a healthy and safe
* Not to interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare
or yourselves or your work colleagues.
* To comply with safe systems of work at all times.
rd level qualification in relevant discipline.
* Experience in similar FMCG food industry, including auditing experience
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation, and organisational skills.
* Team leadership qualities and personal development skills.
* Initiative, self-motivated, well organised and assertive.
* Logical approach, excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
* Report writing and procedural writing skills.
* Able to demonstrate a good record of achievement