Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require a Technical Officer to join their team.
Role : Technical Officer
Location : Ballymoney
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £14.51 13 weeks + £16.25
Main Duties :
- Working within the Estates Service of the Environmental Services Directorate, contribute to the development and implementation of the Estate Service Plan to promote the delivery of high quality, cost-effective maintenance and improvements to Council assets.
- Support the Area Managers with the current agenda of change including the delivery of services within the context of enhanced customer demand.
- To work closely with other Council departments and any other relevant organisations and groups to ensure co-ordinated service delivery and implementation of the Corporate Plan.
- Attend meetings of the Council and any relevant working groups, prepare and present reports when required.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request
Essential Criteria :
- A third level qualification (e.g. HNC/D, NVQ Level 4 or equivalent) in a construction or building related subject; along with 2 years' experience in the building industry/construction field
- 4 years' experience in the field of building maintenance/construction
Experience must include:
- Carrying out property condition surveys - encompassing building fabric & M&E services.
- Production of condition reports & remedial action recommendations for in house/external works team.
- Design and implementation of various projects (both new and refurbishment).
- Knowledge of the statutory approval process.
- Project management of multiple sites.
- Production of tender documents to procure services within a multi- location estate.
- Production of cost estimates for small works.
- Experience in use of AutoCAD.
- Preparation of project budget reports
- 2 years' experience of using MS Excel, Word & Outlook.
- A thorough knowledge of the techniques and standards of building construction, maintenance and repair, including :B :Building technology (including M&E services).D :Production/interpretation of design drawings.
- E :Health & Safety as applicable to construction sites.
- C :CDM regulations.
- A: Building Regulations.
Must have a current full Category B Driving Licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post in full *Applies only to applicants who have a disability under Disability Discrimination Act.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.