|Salary||£11.66 - £14.18 per hour|
|Published||about 1 month ago|
|Contact email||Leanne Garrett|
Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Limavady require a Technician to join their team.
Hours of work: 24 hours per week varied shift pattern depending on the needs of the service inc. weekends and weekends.
Hourly Rate: £11.66 increasing to £14.18 after 12 weeks
- Provide an efficient, professional, comprehensive customer focused service in relation to internal and external communications with visitors to the Arts Centre and to the general public.
- Responsible for the set-up, usage and management of lighting, sound and audio-visual equipment and requirements for Cultural Services, third party hire activities and other Council departments as requested, including auditorium events, conferences, exhibitions and meetings as required, including stage management responsibility. This will require working at height from a mechanical hoist or scaffolding.
- Ensure the safe working and storage of all technical equipment and staging including maintaining an equipment inventory and reporting any damage, loss or theft of equipment to the Arts & Cultural Facilities Officer.
- Advise the Arts & Cultural Facilities Officer on equipment maintenance and acquisition.
- Liaise with arts organisations, touring theatre companies, artists and third party hire clients regarding technical requirements, advising the Arts & Cultural Facilities Officer of specialist equipment or set-ups required.
- Responsible for acquiring additional technical support when needed and supervising freelance technicians throughout events, including training on equipment and systems operations.
- Responsible as keyholder for the Arts Centres, opening and closing the building as required, carrying out the daily security of the building including ensuring windows and doors are locked, setting alarms, switching off lights, equipment, checking rooms.
- Assume the responsibility of emergency out of hours contact for Roe Valley Arts & Cultural Centre.
- Responsible as Duty Officer when required, assisting with the day to day operations of the Arts Centre including supervising operational staff as appropriate, supervising the public and ensuring front of house service is maintained during times when the Arts Centre is open with reduced staff (e.g. Saturdays, evenings), covering reception as required.
- Ensure the safety of staff and public by adhering to health and safety policies and procedures at all times, including implementing evacuation procedures if necessary.
- As Duty Officer, ensure and facilitate room set-ups, equipment and hospitality as required for internal and third party events, meetings and activities, including operating auditorium seating.
- Supervise daily till reconciliation including cash handling, liaising with the Visitor Services/Receptionist team.
- Assist with the general maintenance and operation systems within the venues including heating, ventilation, lift, fire alarm system, CCTV, emergency lighting in the absence of the Operations Officer.
- Undertake any training relevant to the post as requested.
Essential Criteria: -
- A relevant electrical or electronic qualification e.g. City & Guilds 2360 or equivalent and a minimum of one year's experience in the technical aspects of running live performance to include sound, lighting and stage management. OR
- A minimum of three years' experience in the technical aspects of running live performances to include sound, lighting, and stage management
- A relevant degree or third level qualification
Full Job Description available on request
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria, please apply via the link. Leanne will be I contact with you if you are shortlisted for the role.