Home Economics Technician
To provide technical support and assistance to teaching staff in the implementation of the school's/department's educational programme.
Hours: 35 hours per week (8am-3:30pm daily)
Start date: September 2023
Duration: 4 mos. Initial
Location: Holywood Road
The main duties of this role include:
Weighing ingredients, shopping, assisting with practical classes, photocopying, placing orders, maintaining a clean and tidy workspace,
- Develop, maintain and operate manual and/or computerised systems in relation to administrative tasks associated with the area of work.
- Maintain an inventory/records of departmental resources.
- Assist in ordering/purchasing, receiving, checking, storing, and distributing resources.
- Support all staff in ensuring the general safety of pupils.
- Assist with evacuation in emergencies.
- Undertake photocopying as required. - Undertake any of the following duties:
- Handling cash in relation to the purchase of practical materials.
- Assisting with hospitality at meetings and school functions.
- Carrying out minor maintenance repairs throughout the school within the competence of the employee.
- Five GCSE's (Grades A*-C) to include English Language, Mathematics and subject specific specialism, or equivalent or higher level qualifications
- A minimum of one year's experience in the management and supervision of staff
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty, Orlaith.Fogarty@stafflinerecruit.com or call Orlaith on 02890242824 ex. 303
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.