Telephonist (Band 2)
The Client: Local Healthcare body based in Newry, serving local residents.
Hours of work: 20 hrs per week (Rota Basis) Shifts include: 11.00pm -8.00am/8.00-1.00pm /8.00-3.00pm/3.30pm-11.00pm
The Role: The post holder will be responsible for providing support as Switchboard operator:
A telephonist is responsible for answering a switchboard or telephone and dealing with the calls appropriately.They are usually the first point of contact people have with an organisation, and need to provide a fast and efficient service. They may also be referred to as a telephone or switchboard operator.
- Listening to the answer machine each morning.
- Answering the switchboard or telephone.
- Quickly identifying the nature of the telephone call in a courteous manner.
- Putting the call through to the appropriate person or extension.
- Screening telephone calls.
- Dealing with more than one call at a time.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries on basic information, such as directions or company contact details.
- Taking telephone messages for staff.
- Activating an out-of-hours answering service.
- Ad hoc administrative support.
- Rates of Pay: £9.50 p/hr
- Holiday Entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.