Temporary Band 7 Communications & Public Affairs Manager
Staffline are currently recruiting for a full time temporary B7 Communications & Public Affairs Manager to work with one of our Public Sector clients. This is a Band 7 role, based within their regional Belfast/Lurgan offices and the post holder will be required to travel throughout Northern Ireland. Working hours are generally 9-5pm. We are seeking to fill this role as soon as possible, until 30 September 2021. Only CV's that meet the criteria will be contacted. A full Job Description is available on request.
The post holder will have lead responsibility for the strategic delivery of the Communication and Public Affairs Strategy, and associated activities both internal and external, including electronic communications.
The post holder will be a member of the Leadership Team with responsibility for working with senior colleagues to create and deliver specific plans for communications with key stakeholders across all functional areas. In addition, the post holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the Communications and public relations function, including media management, events management, corporate publications and promotional activities.
Experience & Qualifications
Hold a university degree or relevant professional qualification in Communications, Public Relations or Public Affairs
1A. A minimum of 3 years' experience of developing and implementing communication, public affairs and associated strategies.
1B. 5 years' experience of developing and implementing communication, public affairs and associated strategies.
- A minimum of three years' experience of working with and developing positive relations with the media. 3. A minimum of three years' experience at management level, to include the management of people. 4. Demonstrate evidence of ability to performance manage large programmes of work, including evidence of setting and meeting targets and working to deadlines
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by The Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex and contentious information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Highly developed influencing and relationship management skills with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to work on own initiative and proactively coordinate communication and public affairs activity within agreed objectives and organisational policies
- Ability to prioritise workload to adapt to changes in environment and meet deadlines and targets.
Experience and Qualifications
Experience of Communications and Public Affairs work within the Health service or public sector environment and experience in carrying out media interviews.
Please apply with CV to link below: