Temporary Payroll Administrator
Staffline Recruitment Ireland are currently recruiting for a temporary Payroll Administrator to be based in Portumna, Co. Galway for our client.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced payroll administrator/clerical officer. They must be self motivated, able to work on their own initiative and capable of working to tight deadlines when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
Process timesheets onto the payroll system, carry out relevant checks and follow up queries with foremen
Process payroll payments on Core package, carry out relevant taxation checks and prepare payment file for transferring to the bank. Control payroll documentation, ensuring appropriate authorisation and filing. Complete interfaces and distribute payslips as required,
Download tax certificates for employees and update Core package to ensure correct tax is deducted
Complete PAYE filing with Revenue on Line following each payroll run
Assist with arrears calculations where necessary
Maintain records of Social Welfare receipts and reports
Process travel payments on Core package, run reports and prepare BACS payment file
Stock maintenance - write off/issuing of stock and update stock records
Processing of bank reconciliations
PPE and Life Jackets maintenance
Smart Card maintenance - write off/issuing and update stock records
Support audits of fleet when required
Receipt all monies on financial system ensuring banked promptly
Maintain all paperwork in secure location
Use Realex system to take payments over the phone if necessary
At all times observe internal policies and procedures
- Successful candidate with have Leaving Certificate (Standard/Ordinary level) - 5 grades A-D (including English and Mathematics) or equivalent or a minimum of 3 years experience working to tight deadlines gained in an administrative/clerical role in an Accountacy/Financial environment
- Payroll experience including a working knowledge of taxation calculations and social welfare
- Effective organisational skills with the proven ability to prioritise and manage workloads to meet deadlines.
- The ability to contribute as an effective team member and to support others and establish effective working relationships
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to deal with a range of internal /external customers with confidence
- The ability to adapt to a changing environment and to work with minimum supervision with a focus on service and performance
- The ability to handle correspondence and keep records whilst maintaining confidentiality
- The ability to effectively adhere to Financial policies and procedures
- Ability to analyse data and produce relevant accurate reports
- The ability to effectively use IT systems: Competence in use of Microsoft Office packages, e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- On-site parking
- Competitive salary: €24,828
WHY USE STAFFLINE IRELAND?
On 1st of July Grafton Recruitment Ireland became Staffline Recruitment Ireland
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about us. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. We are a leading recruitment agency offering a full recruitment solution throughout the island of Ireland and across the UK. We have branches across the island including Swords, Walkinstown and Cork with offices in Galway and Dundalk. Whether it's temporary contracts or full time employment, you can be sure that Staffline Ireland will have the right career for you.
For all of our latest opportunities please go to our website www.staffline.ie
Thank you for reading the above, should you wish to apply for the role, please send your CV via the link to Katie Kilbane in the Galway Branch.