|Published||about 2 months ago|
FLEXIBLE HOURS AVAILABLE
BELFAST & L/DERRY
£35, 000 - £42, 000
NURSES!! WE NEED YOU!!
AS A FORMER NURSE, I UNDERSTAND HOW STRESSED, UNDER-APPRECIATED & UNDER-VALUED NURSES CAN BE MADE TO FEEL. HERE AT STAFFLINE, WE HAVE AMAZING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR A RANGE OF NURSING SPECIALITIES INCLUDING THEATRES, SURGICAL & ENDOSCOPY.
OUR CLIENT UNDERSTANDS THAT NURSES ARE A VITAL PART OF THE TEAM & ENSURE THEIR STAFF ARE APPRECIATED, RESPECTED & VALUED. WITH FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS, STATE OF THE ART CLINICAL SETTINGS & A FANTASTIC MULTI-DISCIPLINARY TEAM, MAKING THE MOVE TO WORK WITHIN THE PRIVATE HEALTHCARE SECTOR WILL BE A HUGE STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!
CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AT STAFFLINE BELFAST OR FIND CONTACT DETAILS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
***£3500 SIGN ON BONUS!!***
- Excellent Salary with Annual Increments
- £3,500 Sign on Bonus (Paid in First Month's Salary)
- Salary Uplift after 6 Month's Probation
- Enhanced Rates for Unsociable Hours
- Contributory Pension Plan
- 25 Annual Holidays
- 10 Public Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance (4 x Salary)
- Income Protection (60% Salary)
- Kingsbridge Membership Club
- Wellbeing The Kingsbridge Way
- Free Financial Planning Advice
- Development Opportunities
- Relevant Training Funded by Company
- Free Lunches
- Discount for Family and Friends on Kingsbridge Services/Goods
- Christmas Holiday Closure
The post-holder will provide high quality direct patient care within the Hospital's Theatre and Recovery Ward in the following areas: Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Plastic Surgery, Urology, ENT, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Spinal Surgery, Bariatric Surgery and Endoscopy.
1. To provide skilled nursing care and to demonstrate a high standard of nursing practice in the assessment, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
2. To ensure that care is delivered as per hospital policies.
3. To participate in the 'Induction Programme' of nursing and other non-clinical staff, as applicable, after appropriate training.
4. To ensure that custody, administration and recording of medication are in accordance with hospital, and NMC guidelines.
5. To inform the Theatre Manager of any matters affecting the professional standard of patient care.
1. To supervise the professional work of non-medical staff.
2. To support other team members in their professional work.
3. To be aware of current issues and policies within the hospital.
4. To assist the Theatre Manager with the cost-effective use of resources in patient care delivery.
Standard of Care:
1. To deliver high quality patient care that is clinically effective, evidence-based and appropriate.
2. To assess, plan, implement and evaluate care as part of a collaborative programme of patient care.
3. To ensure that correct aseptic techniques are used at all times.
4. Working alongside the multi-disciplinary team, to ensure the safety of patients at all times.
5. To administer medicines in accordance with NMC guidelines and hospital policies and procedures.
6. To keep accurate and complete records consistent with regulations, policies and procedures.
7. To demonstrate and organized, effective and timely approach to all tasks.
8. To recognise when colleagues need assistance and offer practical support.
9. To work in a way that minimizes risks to the health, safety and security of own self and others.
10. To prepare appropriately for the care/intervention/treatment to be undertaken including the risks to be managed.
11. To take the appropriate action to manage an emergency, summoning assistance immediately when this is necessary.
1. To communicate effectively within the multi-disciplinary team throughout the hospital.
2. To co-ordinate patient care and liaise effectively with other disciplines involved.
3. To maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
4. To liaise and communicate effectively with patients and relatives regarding patient care and treatment.
Health & Safety:
1. To be aware of the hospital policies and practice in accordance with regulations.
2. To ensure pre-operative checks are carried out on patient admission to the hospital and prior to commencement of any anaesthetic or surgical procedure.
3. To prepare the patient psychologically and physically for any planned procedure.
4. To ensure that hospital policies and procedures are adhered to in relation to the checking of swabs, instruments, needles etc. and to report any discrepancy to the Anaesthetist/Surgeon/Theatre Manager or senior member of theatre staff on duty.
5. To support others in maintaining health, safety and security.
6. To respond to, record and report any adverse events or incidents relating to the intervention or treatment with an appropriate degree of urgency.
7. To accurately test equipment and identify any deviations from required performance standards, together with their likely causes.
8. To correctly and safely install and integrate equipment components.
9. To identify and assess the potential risks involved in work activities and processes for self and others.
10. To report to the Theatre Manager any reportable incident or accidents involving staff, patients or visitors.
11. To attend annual statutory training in Fire Safety, Manual Handling, Infection Control and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
12. To report any defective or faulty equipment to the Theatre Manager, as appropriate.
13. To ensure proper care and usage of equipment in the Theatre/Recovery area.
1. To assist with and participate in the in-service training programme (including staff orientation induction programme) to enhance patient care.
2. To maintain and update own professional development.
3. To supervise qualified and unqualified staff.
4. To attend annual pre-registration assessment update sessions.
5. To report on study days/courses attended to other members of theatre staff.
6. To rotate onto various shifts, as required, for professional update, to ensure statutory and personal development is achieved in line with the Personal Development Plan agreed during the annual appraisal.
7. To share updated skills with night duty staff (if applicable) to further improve 24-hour continuity of patient care.
1. With appropriate training and support, to take charge of a shift without direct supervision.
2. To participate in integrated governance and risk assessment and reporting, as required.
3. To participate in the on-call rota for the department.
- Qualified RGN with recent Theatre experience or ODP Diploma
- Live NMC Registration
- Good interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Evidence of problem-solving and decision making skills
- Good team player
- Ability to be reflective, accept criticism and act constructively
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities
- Clarity of speech
- Punctual time keeper
- Ability to work core hours
- Flexible approach to shift patterns and cover
- Membership with a professional body
- Experience in Cardiothoracic, Orthopaedics, Endoscopy, Gynaecology, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Urology and Anaesthetics
- Current experience in a busy Theatre will be looked upon favourably
- Ability to scrub for surgical specialties
- Positive role model
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890242824 ext 404 or on 07826064920.