FLEXIBLE HOURS AVAILABLE
£35, 000 - £42, 000
NURSES!! WE NEED YOU!!
AS A FORMER NURSE, I UNDERSTAND HOW STRESSED, UNDER-APPRECIATED & UNDER-VALUED NURSES CAN BE MADE TO FEEL. HERE AT STAFFLINE, WE HAVE AMAZING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR A RANGE OF NURSING SPECIALITIES INCLUDING THEATRES, SURGICAL & ENDOSCOPY.
OUR CLIENT UNDERSTANDS THAT NURSES ARE A VITAL PART OF THE TEAM & ENSURE THEIR STAFF ARE APPRECIATED, RESPECTED & VALUED. WITH FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS, STATE OF THE ART CLINICAL SETTINGS & A FANTASTIC MULTI-DISCIPLINARY TEAM, MAKING THE MOVE TO WORK WITHIN THE PRIVATE HEALTHCARE SECTOR WILL BE A HUGE STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!
CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AT STAFFLINE BELFAST OR FIND CONTACT DETAILS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
***£3500 SIGN ON BONUS!!***
- Excellent Salary with Annual Increments
- £3,500 Sign on Bonus (Paid in First Month's Salary)
- Salary Uplift after 6 Month's Probation
- Enhanced Rates for Unsociable Hours
- Contributory Pension Plan
- 25 Annual Holidays
- 10 Public Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance (4 x Salary)
- Income Protection (60% Salary)
- Kingsbridge Membership Club
- Wellbeing The Kingsbridge Way
- Free Financial Planning Advice
- Development Opportunities
- Relevant Training Funded by Company
- Free Lunches
- Discount for Family and Friends on Kingsbridge Services/Goods
- Christmas Holiday Closure
The post-holder will provide high quality direct patient care within the Hospital's Theatre and Recovery Ward in the following areas: Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Plastic Surgery, Urology, ENT, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Spinal Surgery, Bariatric Surgery and Endoscopy.
- To provide skilled nursing care and to demonstrate a high standard of nursing practice in the assessment, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
- To ensure that care is delivered as per hospital policies.
- To participate in the 'Induction Programme' of nursing and other non-clinical staff, as applicable, after appropriate training.
- To ensure that custody, administration and recording of medication are in accordance with hospital, and NMC guidelines.
- To inform the Theatre Manager of any matters affecting the professional standard of patient care.
- To supervise the professional work of non-medical staff.
- To support other team members in their professional work.
- To be aware of current issues and policies within the hospital.
- To assist the Theatre Manager with the cost-effective use of resources in patient care delivery.
Standard of Care:
- To deliver high quality patient care that is clinically effective, evidence-based and appropriate.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate care as part of a collaborative programme of patient care.
- To ensure that correct aseptic techniques are used at all times.
- Working alongside the multi-disciplinary team, to ensure the safety of patients at all times.
- To administer medicines in accordance with NMC guidelines and hospital policies and procedures.
- To keep accurate and complete records consistent with regulations, policies and procedures.
- To demonstrate and organized, effective and timely approach to all tasks.
- To recognise when colleagues need assistance and offer practical support.
- To work in a way that minimizes risks to the health, safety and security of own self and others.
- To prepare appropriately for the care/intervention/treatment to be undertaken including the risks to be managed.
- To take the appropriate action to manage an emergency, summoning assistance immediately when this is necessary.
- To communicate effectively within the multi-disciplinary team throughout the hospital.
- To co-ordinate patient care and liaise effectively with other disciplines involved.
- To maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- To liaise and communicate effectively with patients and relatives regarding patient care and treatment.
Health & Safety:
- To be aware of the hospital policies and practice in accordance with regulations.
- To ensure pre-operative checks are carried out on patient admission to the hospital and prior to commencement of any anaesthetic or surgical procedure.
- To prepare the patient psychologically and physically for any planned procedure.
- To ensure that hospital policies and procedures are adhered to in relation to the checking of swabs, instruments, needles etc. and to report any discrepancy to the Anaesthetist/Surgeon/Theatre Manager or senior member of theatre staff on duty.
- To support others in maintaining health, safety and security.
- To respond to, record and report any adverse events or incidents relating to the intervention or treatment with an appropriate degree of urgency.
- To accurately test equipment and identify any deviations from required performance standards, together with their likely causes.
- To correctly and safely install and integrate equipment components.
- To identify and assess the potential risks involved in work activities and processes for self and others.
- To report to the Theatre Manager any reportable incident or accidents involving staff, patients or visitors.
- To attend annual statutory training in Fire Safety, Manual Handling, Infection Control and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- To report any defective or faulty equipment to the Theatre Manager, as appropriate.
- To ensure proper care and usage of equipment in the Theatre/Recovery area.
- To assist with and participate in the in-service training programme (including staff orientation induction programme) to enhance patient care.
- To maintain and update own professional development.
- To supervise qualified and unqualified staff.
- To attend annual pre-registration assessment update sessions.
- To report on study days/courses attended to other members of theatre staff.
- To rotate onto various shifts, as required, for professional update, to ensure statutory and personal development is achieved in line with the Personal Development Plan agreed during the annual appraisal.
- To share updated skills with night duty staff (if applicable) to further improve 24-hour continuity of patient care.
- With appropriate training and support, to take charge of a shift without direct supervision.
- To participate in integrated governance and risk assessment and reporting, as required.
- To participate in the on-call rota for the department.
- Qualified RGN with recent Theatre experience or ODP Diploma
- Live NMC Registration
- Good interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Evidence of problem-solving and decision making skills
- Good team player
- Ability to be reflective, accept criticism and act constructively
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities
- Clarity of speech
- Punctual time keeper
- Ability to work core hours
- Flexible approach to shift patterns and cover
- Membership with a professional body
- Experience in Cardiothoracic, Orthopaedics, Endoscopy, Gynaecology, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Urology and Anaesthetics
- Current experience in a busy Theatre will be looked upon favourably
- Ability to scrub for surgical specialties
- Positive role model
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890242824 ext 404 or on 07826064920.