|Salary||£11.08 - £12.08 per hour|
|Published||about 2 months ago|
|Contact email||Kerry Hassett|
- Conducting Tours of approx. 1.5 hours in length. Be comfortable speaking to small and large groups of people of all ages.
- Initially there will be 9 tours per week with a maximum of 45 people on a tour and max. 15 per tour guide in a group.
- Greet and welcome Tour Groups upon their arrival at Tayto
- Deal skilfully with a diversity of visitors under a variety of circumstances
- Learn the route and the tour notes to conduct a comprehensive, knowledgeable and entertaining tour.
- Outline and enforce the rules that Groups will be required to follow whilst visiting Tayto
- Greet and register visitors and issue audio equipment.
- Monitor visitors' activities in order to insure compliance with the Tour regulations and safety practices
- Provide directions and other pertinent information to visitors
- Conduct educational Tours for school children
- Perform any clerical duties associated with the role
- Ensure the groups safety at all times on site, full training will be given on fire evacuation and first aid policy
- May be called upon to conduct occasional Tours of Tayto and facilities (behind the scenes) for VIP and special visiting groups
- Perform the duties of Mr Tayto (dressing up in costume) / dress and escort Mr Tayto for every Tour regardless of the age of the visiting Group.
- Perform the duties of Mr.Tayto and/or product sampling at events and exhibitions throughout NI on an ad hoc basis during weekends and occasional evenings.
- Maintain the stock of merchandise and crisps in the shop prior to a.m. and p.m. Tours. Maintain stock of PPE for tours. Ensure the link and shop are clean and tidy before every tour.
- Ensure that the Tours are never left unattended at any time
- Responsible for maintaining a medical record of visitors
- Ensure that all equipment is kept in a good state of repair and working order and report any faults immediately
- Occasional driving of company van to and from events/exhibitions.
- Enjoy interacting and meeting people
- Personable, reliable and professional with good oral communication skills,
- A desire to learn and impart the Tayto story and process
- Able to work independently
- Physically able to lead the Tours around the factory
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- The ability to remember information
- Full clean driving licence
- Learn and understand all the procedures relating to Tayto tours
- One on one tour of the Tayto factory
- Follow at least 3 Tours by different Tour Guides
- Read and understand the history and manufacturing process of Tayto
- Give a safety brief
- Learn the tour booking system
- Conduct a Tour of visitors accompanied by the Head of Department or
member of staff designated by the Head of Department
- First Aid training course
- Fire and Safety briefing
- Child protection?
HOURS AND PAY
27 hours per week contract
9-30am to 3-30pm Monday to Thursday, 9-30-12-30pm on Friday with overtime opportunities on an ad hoc basis