Main Purpose of Post
- As part of the Tourism and Recreation Event team, the post holder will be responsible for the delivery and evaluation of tourism and recreation related events that aim to provide benefit for the local economy through the provision of a diverse and innovative programme.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of the Councils managed events programme, including carrying out research to assist in the development of events that complement the existing programme.
- Offer advice and support to the private, community and voluntary sectors as part of these organisations efforts to deliver non council managed events.
- Assist in production of event related specifications/tenders and quotations and the assessment of completed tenders, and to deal with external contractors and promoters. Assist in the Council procurement process for trade concessions and other event related services in line with Council policy.
- Provide administrative support and prepare papers, reports etc and assist in acting as secretariat for a number of committees.
- Represent the Events Manager/Assistant Events Manager as and when required. On instruction, delegate duties to and supervise event stewards and external contractors, volunteers and event suppliers.
- Administer financial transactions including the processing of order numbers, payments to suppliers and receiving payment including cash as part of event delivery and management.
- Assist in attracting sponsorship from the private sector, and liaise with both national and international agencies to source funding and grant aid for events.
- Assist in implementing Council's Health and Safety procedures for events.
- Liaise and work with other Council departments and related parties/companies to deliver the events programme with respect to health and safety, risk management, marketing, waste management and licensing.
- Assist in the administration, assessment, monitoring and evaluation of Council grants programme afforded to external event organisers.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Events Manager, assist in the implementation the Council's Health and Safety procedures for events: to produce risk assessments and deployment plans for staff at events, to arrange multi-agency event safety meetings, to engage and liaise with Council's Emergency Planning Officers, to ensure at all times, that suitable arrangements are made for the safety of staff and the public at events
- As directed, ensure that all necessary documentation is in place for all events e.g. insurance, risk assessments, electrical and structural certification etc.
- Assist in the delivery of a marketing strategy for the events portfolio including the production of marketing and promotional materials, activation and distribution, the placing of budgeted advertising with media and other specialist advertising agencies, maintenance of Council event websites and social media sites.
- Assist the Events Manager/Assistant Events Manager in the preparation of all annual estimates and budgets relating to Events.
- Deal with event enquiries from the general public.
- Maintain an administrative system and keep appropriate records including agendas, minutes and reports.
- Organise, co-ordinate and evaluate small events and defined elements of larger events under the direction of the Events Manager/Assistant Events Manager.
- Assist in the sourcing of appropriate material that enables proper economic impact assessment of major events.
- Undertake shortlisting and interviewing duties as directed by the Events Manager/Assistant Events Manager for seasonal, casual and events stewarding staff.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other Council departments, and external bodies ensuring a co-ordinated approach to the delivery of major events across the Borough.
Applicants must, at the closing date for receipt of applications:
- A third level qualification; and
- Be able to demonstrate on the application form by providing personal and specific examples at least two years' relevant experience in a role delivering public events; and
- Be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least two years' relevant experience in each of the following three areas:
- planning and delivery of public events including the evaluation of events;
- working successfully in collaboration with a range of stakeholders across services and sectors; and
- demonstrate successful delivery of customer requirements.
Alternatively, consideration will be given to applicants who do not possess the required educational qualification outlined above but can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples that they have at least three years' relevant experience in the areas outlined above.
Interested in role please send cv to Ashleigh, firstname.lastname@example.org
Temporary position until Mid December