Temporary Tours & Exhibition Receptionist/Team Leader required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £10.41 per hour
Location: Belfast City Hall
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To plan and supervise the work of all part time and casual staff at the Tours and Exhibitions Reception
- To provide the highest levels of professionalism and customer care to tourists, visitors, the public and staff.
- To undertake a 'concierge' role including:
- having responsibility for 'meeting and greeting' all visitors;
- acting as a single point of contact for all exhibition and tour enquiries and general visitor enquiries;
- providing general information on the exhibition themes, tours, the City Hall building and other local tourist attractions.
- To be responsible for the handling and security of cash, cheque, voucher, credit and debit card payments relating to personal sales and transactions including cashing-up, reconciliation and banking procedures
- To be responsible for the issuing, monitoring and control of exhibition headsets and for ensuring that sufficient supplies of headsets are available to meet demand
- To open and close the exhibition area each day and ensure all of the displays are presentable and that all systems and services are fully functional, and to report any faults promptly
- To maximise customer spend in the exhibition area through the hiring of multi-lingual headsets, merchandise, souvenir booklets and mobile apps. etc.
- To deal with all reception desk enquiries, including the display, holding and issuing of relevant council information, and as required to issue information on special council events and initiatives
- To manage and promote the merchandise areas, including the display, sale, rotation, replenishment and stock-taking of merchandise
- To operate any software and information systems supplied, including the point-of-sale and booking systems
- To provide a customer ticket sales and information service in person, email, post, and by telephone using the box office system including the issuing of tickets, reservations, refunds and exchanges and to aid patrons with special requirements
- To assist in recording all visitors entering and leaving the exhibition and to issue and receive passes
- To assist in the provision of a range of routine business-related administrative activities including but not restricted to customer support, data input and extraction, compilation of relevant statistical information and general administration tasks
- To monitor customer numbers and behaviour informing the management team of any potential situation or incidents which may require restricting access or the removal of visitors etc.
- To assist in the emergency evacuation of the area if required
- To report accidents, liaising with AED / First Aid Providers ensuring casualties are assisted quickly and effectively
- To carry out light cleaning duties in the public reception and exhibition area when required in order to ensure that high standards are maintained
- Be able to demonstrate by providing specific examples at least oneyears' relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- supervising a small team of staff including the planning of workloads, assigning tasks, etc.
- working in a visitor attraction providing customer service support to both local and international visitors and dealing effectively with members of the public including difficult customers in person and over the telephone
- working in a visitor attraction dealing with ticketing, cash handling and reconciliation, merchandising sales, provision of information to visitors, handling of queries and taking group bookings
- using standard office IT systems and specialist EPOS / booking systems
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.