Town and Village Management Project Officer
In light of the on-going Reform of Local Government and the establishment of the new Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council, it is expected that this role will evolve and transform with on-going changes. The post holder will therefore be expected to be flexible and adaptable to meet the changing needs and requirements of the organisation, and duties and responsibilities may vary without changing the purpose of the job or level of responsibility.
1. The purpose of the post will be to assist the Town and Village Manager to develop the Borough's towns and villages as places to live, work and play.
2. It will work with public and private stakeholders and local communities to ensure the vitality of town and village centres across the Borough. The post will coordinate the development of chambers of trade and other organisations, around an agenda of promotion, environmental improvement and stakeholder engagement.
3. Assisting in ensuring that equal resources and support are available across rural and urban centres, as well between competing towns will be a key role. It will coordinate activities established in the Prosperity and Place plan - with particular focus on the themes of Competitive Causeway and Collaborative Causeway
4. Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
5. Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To assist the Town and Village Manager to:
1. Service an effective network of contacts throughout local and regional influencers which will help to develop the town and village management agenda
2. Work with relevant departments to lever in funding and assist in developing strategic issues such as town centre marketing, environmental improvements and any other supports as may emerge
3. Maintain a database of retail and workspace opportunities within town and village centres, including condition, dereliction and new build opportunities
4. Assist the Manager to Develop the area's opportunities for Business Improvement Districts, including consultation, research, and liaison with relevant partners, and in the case of eventual implementation, monitoring, evaluation and continuous improvement
5. Ensure that the Borough's Town Centre Masterplans, Retail Health Checks and other research materials continuously updated, in a fair and equitable manner - this work will be undertaken in conjunction with the Physical Regeneration Manager
6. Collate good intelligence on behalf of the wider Prosperity and Place team regarding the financial performance of the Borough's retail centres, relative to its competitors, and be aware of, identify and plan for new opportunities and challenges
7. Implement retail 'sales propositions', ensuring that key outside commercial parties and potential new businesses are aware of development opportunities
8. Assist the Manager in working with the relevant local chambers and groupings to develop capacity which will benefit members
9. Service the Borough's Market capacity and seek opportunities to develop this concept across the Borough
10. Work with other internal stakeholders such as Events, Tourism and Business Development to ensure that town centres are prepared to contribute to the Borough's Events and Tourism Programmes
11. Identify new and emerging trends which can contribute to future business and economic opportunities, including responses to consultations and undertaking relevant research
12. Assist in developing the area's town centre connectivity where relevant, including the provision of wifi and other developments in this field.
13. Assist in the periodic review, monitoring and evaluation of the relevant sections of the economic development strategy and action plan
14. Ensure that financial resources are managed, audited and reported in line with internal and external standards, as required
Finance Performance, Evaluation and Audit
15. Management of budgets within current financial constraints;
16. Establish effective financial reporting, assessment and record keeping arrangements to ensure full compliance with all financial and audit requirements within Council policy and procedures.
17. Calculating and comparing costs for required goods and services to achieve maximum value for money.
Communication and Marketing
18. Develop and implement a communications and marketing plan, promoting the provision of the service.
19. Develop strong working relationships with external stakeholders, including government departments and other agencies.
20. Act as an ambassador for the entire area by promoting a positive image and raising the profile of the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council.
21. Actively promote the usage of all Council facilities to the public in order to stimulate and increase revenue streams.
Applicants must have a third level qualification or above (eg. HNC/D, NVQ Level 4 or equivalent) along with 2 years' experience within the last 5 years in leading and managing one or more of the key services/functions covered by the post as listed below: · Town Centre Management/Renewal initiatives · Partnership working Or 3 years' experience within the last 5 years of leading and managing one or more of the key services/functions covered by the post as listed below: · Town Centre Management/Renewal initiatives · Partnership working