Job Title: Trade Effluent Consents Manager
Length: 6 Months
The Client: NI Water
POLICY AND STRATEGY
- Support management in the development of new and updating of existing Trade Effluent Policy and Strategy documentation.
- Manage the processing of trade effluent consent applications and the regular review of trade effluent consents.
- Deputise for the Trade Effluent Manager, as required, to represent NI Water at national level on relevant working/steering groups to share best practice.
- Produce reports for senior management detailing progress against performance metrics, as required
- Provision of trade effluent data to support the delivery of capital investment projects and business plan submissions for Price Control.
- Contribute to the identification of investment requirements to develop trade effluent management, taking account of impending legislation and the impact this will have on trade effluent policies.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to set out new/reviewed policy proposals and the manage the consultation process and update/develop the new policies.
- Responsible for the corporate approach to trade effluent consent management including the formal liaison with statutory regulators, customers and other internal stakeholders. This includes the development of trade effluent consent standards which will protect NI Water's personnel, structures and operations.
- Work closely with senior colleagues, ensuring compliance with legislative requirements with respect to trade effluent.
- Provide Trade Effluent consenting to ensure trade premises pay for the discharge, conveyance, reception and treatment of trade effluent and to support environmental compliance, Water Order Consent compliance and generation of £8M p.a. income.
- Manage the relationship with Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA)
- Industrial Pollution and Radiochemical Inspectorate (IPRI) and other relevant environmental stakeholder bodies in connection with management of trade effluent.
Hours of work: 42 hours (including lunch breaks)
- Third level qualification in a relevant scientific or environmental subject (Degree/HNC/HND or
equivalent) and a minimum of 2 years' experience working in either water supply or wastewater
science; or a minimum of 5 years' experience working in the field of wastewater science.
- Demonstrable experience in the planning and delivery of programme outcomes, which are on time and
to the required quality.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of wastewater industry scientific laboratory processes.
- Demonstrable experience in analysing and interpreting scientific data and preparing reports.
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook applications;
- Experience of stakeholder management, with excellent inter-personal skills, to manage relationships
across NI Water, and to influence outcomes with senior management
- As this post requires travel on official duty throughout Northern Ireland, must have a current valid
driving license or access to a form of transport which will enable the fulfilment of responsibilities
- Experience of working within the field of trade effluent
- Demonstrable knowledge of the development and/or implementation of strategic and operational policy
to ensure compliance with Wastewater KPIs
- Rate of pay: £15.82 per hour
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Coleen O'Hara - firstname.lastname@example.org
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.