Trade Effluent Courier/Sampler
Temporary Trade Effluent Sampler/Courier required for a large public sector organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £9.28 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 15 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Duration: 2 months pending review
- Collection of samples from specified locations and delivery to specified collection points and/or the analytical laboratory
- Set-up and retrieve automatic samplers and spot sampling at numerous industrial premises and various NIW premises throughout Northern Ireland
- Routine planned maintenance and preparation of portable sampling equipment.
- Ensuring sampling equipment is fit for purpose and report any defects identified.
- Loading and unloading of sampling apparatus and associated equipment into and out of NIW vehicle and securing vehicle at designated depot at end of working day
- Routine maintenance and cleanliness of vehicle, including daily inspections and reporting of faults or damage
- Carrying out on site tests which may include pH, temperature etc. and recording of such results
- These activities will require the lifting and replacement of manhole covers and manual transport of sampling equipment across industrial premises
- Visual interrogation of samples and recording of any anomalies on pro-formas or recording devices
- Assist in the delivery of a trade effluent sampling programme.
- Collection and recording of Trade Effluent related meter readings from customer premises.
- To assist in investigations relating to Trade Effluent discharges, including potential evidence gathering and provision of witness statements.
- Assist in the investigation of pollution incidents by participating in sampling surveys at both industrial premises and within NIW's infrastructure system.
- Completion of all paperwork associated with sample collection and the use of electronic devices to record data
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's Grade C or above, to include English and Math's, or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with customers face-to-face in a positive manner.
- Demonstrable experience in managing own work load, with the ability to plan and prioritise.
- A full current driving license enabling the post holder to drive in Northern Ireland
- Medically fit to undertake manual handling duties associated with role e.g. lifting of sampling apparatus and manhole covers in excess of 12kg.
- 6 month's experience of taking water or wastewater samples, carrying out on-site tests and accurately recording data
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Basic Access NI Disclosure check at £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.