Trade Effluent Sampler - Belfast
Job Title: Trade Effluent Sampler
Length: 3 Months with possible extension
The Client: NI Water
The Role: To carry out field based leakage detection and unaccounted water investigations within Northern Ireland Water's water network and contribute to achieving regulatory and corporate leakage reduction targets.
- Form an integral element of the Leakage Services Team.
- Investigate and resolve high DMA night flows through the utilisation of advanced leak detection and water audit skills
- Undertake leakage detection and location activity using acoustic sounding and correlation techniques, including the use of advanced correlating acoustic loggers.
- Undertake acoustic logger surveys, including data analysis, and follow-up leakage detection to resolve DMA leakage
- Undertake complex step test activity including the design, planning and valve operations to quantify and localise areas of demand and/or leakage.
- Undertake pressure zero activity including the design, planning and valve operations to prove DMA integrity.
- Undertake DMA boundary valve checks and contribute to the effective management/maintenance of DMAs.
- Undertake pressure-logging operations including setup, installation, retrieval, download and data analysis.
- Assess PRV performance and take action where appropriate.
- Undertake flow logging operations including set up, installation, retrieval, download and data analysis
- Undertake accuracy checks on flow meters and logging equipment through survey and flow tests.
- Undertake noise logging activities and data analysis
- Identify potential and confirm actual night usage by customers
- Liaison with MWM Work Controllers to ensure effective use of own resource
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety, EMS and quality requirements
- Be a point of contact as appropriate when L5 Field Manager is absent
- Undertake Leakage Technician duties in other Field Manager areas as per business requirements
- Participate in night as well as day working duties as required by the role and the need to achieve business objectives
- Undertake complex customer side leakage investigation and determine follow-on action to be taken
- Liaison with customers in relation to both complex leakage and pressure activities
- Inform customers of actions to be taken
- Collect all relevant information in relation to customers to allow leakage notice procedure or other relevant procedure to be applied
- Address issues from the plan/do/review process to enhance functional compliance and performance.
- Ensure that key processes are uniformly followed, maintained and improved, where appropriate, through strategic plan/do/review activities.
- Assist in business improvement across all areas of responsibility particularly those that affect delivery of KPI's.
- Assist with the adjustment of functional rules to meet operational needs (in line with area and field manager targets)
- Promote opportunities to improve general working practices
- Understand the importance of budget management and comply with financial guidance given by the Field Manager, including the need to make efficiencies.
- Comply with the setting of performance objectives and development plans.
- Liaise and collaborate across business functions and with external contractors / external stakeholders as required.
Hours of work: 42 hours including lunch breaks
- Two years' experience in a Leakage Detection or Networks Water environment
- Excellent understanding of detection techniques, DMA maintenance & management
- Competent in the use of leakage detection equipment
- An excellent understanding of networks distribution systems
- Fully trained/current regarding refresher training or medically fit medically fit to undertake mandatory elements of H&S training including street works, manual handling and confined space work. Please note that due to Health & Safety regulations there is a maximum weight limit of 120kgs (excluding equipment) for confined spaces work.
- Competent in the use of computer and IT equipment.
- Rate of pay: £9.52 per hour
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Coleen O'Hara - email@example.com
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.