Trainee Analyst (Microbiology)
Temporary Trainee Analyst (Microbiology) required for a large public sector organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £9.28 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week, 5 days
Duration: 6 months
- Liaise with the Laboratory Microbiological Manager to forecast the use of resources.
- Identify resource requirements, and make recommendations to the Laboratory Microbiological Manager.
- Recommend levels of maintenance for equipment used and ensure effective housekeeping of work area and said equipment.
- Deal with internal and external customers and address their concerns or enquiries.
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to enhance confidence in the data produced.
- Communicate with suppliers.
- Carry out analysis within the agreed turnaround time to ensure regulatory compliance is met.
- Carry out analysis to the required quality standards to ensure ISO 17025 & DWTS requirements are met.
- Ensure all results are recorded and transcribed accurately onto LIMS.
- Maintain laboratory quality management system and associated documentation.
- Support colleagues in accomplishing their daily work so as to provide timely and accurate results
- The post holders will be required to work with hazardous chemicals and acids.
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Comply and cooperate in full with regard to health and safety procedures.
- A third level qualification in Biology, Microbiology or relevant discipline, or currently in final year of qualification.
- Experience working in a laboratory in an undergraduate environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical techniques in Microbiology.
- Knowledge and understanding of laboratory standards to be adhered.
- Experience of Health and Safety requirements relevant to laboratories.
- Experience using Microsoft applications.
- Requirement to work flexible hours, on-call, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.