Trainer Assessor - Essential Skills (numeracy)
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Trainer Assessor - Essential Skills - (numeracy) to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months +
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.71 per hour
13+ week's £12.71 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT8
Hours: Mon - Fri (8.45am - 4.30pm)
The post holder will provide a high quality instruction and training delivery within a specific area of responsibility to achieve learner success. Providing educational guidance and learning support in relation to the respective course they are responsible for. The post holder will observe and assess student educational requirements in relation to essential skills programmes.
A - All Candidates
- Applicants must hold GCSE English Language (Grades A-C) OR Essential skills level 2 or higher in Communication, or equivalent
- Applicants must hold GCSE Mathematics (Grades A-C) OR Essential Skills Level 2 or higher in Application of Number
B - New Tutors
- All new entrant Essential Skills Tutors, will be required to hold a degree obtained at a university in the UK or the Republic of Ireland, of which Maths forms a minimum of 50% of the subject studied.
C -Existing Tutors
- Be previously recognised by the Department for the Economy (DFE) for teaching Essential Skills (Literacy) in Northern Ireland
- Existing Essential Skills Tutor/Trainers who have obtained their ES qualifications before 20th April 2012, must demonstrate how they meet the requirements of the DFE circulars ES 01/09 or ES 02/04 for teaching Essential Skills Literacy. (Please provide dates)
- A minimum of two years' experience of teaching Essential Skills - Numeracy in a range of contexts which must include two of the following: Further Education; Training; NEETS
- A track record of innovative practice in teaching essential skills Numeracy to challenging learners and young people;
- Experience of using TEL to motivate learners through innovative teaching and learning
- To carry out training needs analysis to determine the skills gap between current and desirable trainee skill levels
- To deliver training as appropriate and provide support for trainees undertaking Essential Skills programmes
- To carry out training and assessor duties on NIPS premises and in College locations where necessary in compliance with awarding body and regulator standards
- To understand the training needs of the trainee population and deliver and develop challenging and exciting training sessions
- To deliver innovative programmes including the use of technologies
- To ensure all training and assessment materials used are of the highest quality and are appropriate to support training and assessment
- To use a range of assessment methods relevant to the training, trainee and the training environment
- To liaise with other Trainer/Assessors to ensure individual training needs are addressed and appropriate behavioural strategies are adopted
- To provide appropriate support and guidance to trainees in line with their individual training programme and progression planning
- To monitor and track trainee progress including all assessment activity
- To set and monitor SMART trainee targets and use individual training plans effectively
- To assist trainees in the design and preparation of their assignment / course work and portfolios to comply with awarding body requirements
- To maintain trainee records, class registers and preparation of required reports to comply with NIPS service level agreement and College requirements
- To provide accurate programme and trainee data using appropriate College systems
- To undertake assessment and invigilating duties and or a co-ordinating role as required
- To undertake quality assurance and verification of records to ensure compliance with NIPs Service level agreement and College requirements.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland