Training Programme Support Officer
Job Title: Training Programme Support Officer (Women's Senior Team)
Department: Football Development
Reporting to: Head of Women's Football
Hours of work: 30 hours per week. The nature of the post will require a high degree of flexibility involving evenings and weekends as dictated by operational requirements of the full-time training programme and the business.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To support the delivery of the Senior Women's full-time training programme by acting as the lead equipment co-ordinator for training sessions and matches, as well as providing support for the full-time programme staff team in the preparation of training schedules. The postholder may also be required to provide support and work alongside the Performance/Video Analyst, Strength & Conditioning Coordinator, and other international field staff to coordinate daily activity and training schedules and look after the general interests/needs of the players.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Attend all training sessions involving the Senior Women's team full-time programme in the lead up to WEURO 2022.
2. In conjunction with the international coaching staff, co-ordinate the planning, preparation and set up of all training equipment required for each activity and training drills appropriate for each training session or practice match.
3. Support the smooth transition between training sessions and practice matches for all staff and players with the seamless set up and take down of training equipment as required.
4. Communicate effectively with the Performance Analyst and provide support for the setting up of equipment required for performance and video analysis for relevant training sessions and matches.
5. Communicate effectively with the S&C Staff and provide support for the setting up of equipment required for on-pitch and off-pitch S&C sessions as required.
6. Maintain an inventory of all training, analysis & S&C equipment for the full-time programme and provide regular updates on the condition of the equipment, ensuring it remains fit-for-purpose for required sessions.
7. Attend regular meetings as required with team management on training tournament preparation and action any requirements.
8. Provide support and solve problems to ensure team needs are met throughout the full-time training programme.
9. Liaise with management team and venue managers regarding times and requirements for training to support smooth co-ordination of training schedules.
10. Accompany team to training sessions and preparation matches and provide relevant support and general assistance as required.
11. Ensure the general interest and welfare of the players, resolve day-to-day issues, and assist players and management with sundry requests.
12. Proactively participate in training and development opportunities, staff performance appraisals and reviews as required.
13. Comply with Data Protection Policy with regard to safeguarding sensitive customer information at all times.
14. Perform the job in accordance with the company's policies and procedures, especially the Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policy and Procedure.
15. Adhere to and actively support at all times all other company policies, procedures, processes and working practices, including adhering to best practice.
16. Perform any other duties as may reasonably be required from time-to-time.
Two years' experience of a support role working with sports teams on a full-time and/or international training programme, facilitating meetings and cooperating with a variety of people, agencies and organisations.
Skills,knowledge & competencies-
Practical working knowledge of setting up training equipment activity grids and organising loading and offloading for team training sessions. 3.2 Exceptional communication (oral and written), interpersonal and influencing skills - able to communicate and negotiate concisely, assertively and effectively. 3.3 Strong planning, organisational and time management skills. 3.4 Proven ability to work autonomously, using initiative and confidently make decisions and solve complex issues under pressure.
Flexibility to work unsociable hours, travel and adapt to changing requirements at very short notice.
Discretion in handling sensitive issues and confidential information.
Five GCSE passes including English Language and Maths at grade C or above or equivalent qualifications.
Knowledge and experience of requirements for performance analysis equipment and its use.
Understanding of UEFA football tournament requirements.
Demonstrable knowledge of performance team sport environments