Staffline Ireland are recruiting for a Transport Manager on behalf of a market leader in their industry. The Transport Manager along with the existing Logistics Team will ensure the timely and economic coordination of all transport of stock by land or sea.
- Coordinating third party equipment being shipped and transported worldwide ensuring all loads are hauled timely meeting all auction and shipping deadlines
- Ensuring transport staff deliver the service appropriate to the changing needs of customers in line with relevant guidance and individual risk assessments
- Build viable loads maximising load space using weights and dimensions as well as effective route planning
- Research and plan new routes to existing destinations regularly
- Source new suppliers globally ensuring routes and schedules used are efficient and cost effective
- Renegotiate terms with existing suppliers to ensure company remains competitive
- Assist with obtaining quotes and raising customer and purchase orders
- Follow up effectively on all loads and resolve queries immediately as they happen
- Provide excellent transport service for all third party needs
- Communicate and update other departments on status of loads
- Any other duties role may involve
- Extensive previous experience in Transport Management within large distribution environments and understand strategic distribution modelling
- Previous experience using a CRM system is essential
- Solid knowledge and experience of the logistics process
- Highly commercial with costing ability across multiple currencies
- Excellent forward planning skills with the ability to problem solve in pressured situations
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills and experience of data entry
- Highly organised with attention to detail and experience working to tight deadlines
- Sound geographical knowledge with an interest in machinery
The successful Transport Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Transport Manager role will be based in County Tyrone.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.