Transport Planner (Night Shift)
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 10pm - 6am
Staffline Ireland are recruiting for a Transport Planner on behalf of a leading logistics company. The Transport Planner will be responsible for the effective and efficient operational planning & management of day to day associated administration of transport operations.
Planning and coordinating with drivers, subcontractors, ferry companies and liaising with a cross section of people throughout Northern Ireland and the wider business and customers, this is an excellent opportunity to work within the Transport Team and gain exposure to this busy, challenging and ever changing operation.
The role is a 1 year fixed term contract with possibility of being extended.
- Working in conjunction with the various depot departments.
- Manage planning duties as delegated by Transport Manager.
- Manage customer daily administration expectations.
- Liaising with warehouse personnel to ensure smooth running of the operation and adherence to existing time scales.
- Timely communication to customers where applicable.
- Report & KPI management on a daily basis.
- Reaction to and handling of ad-hoc/emergency situations.
- Compliance with depot policies and procedures.
- Willingness and flexibility with working patterns in line with operational requirements.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- Previous experience in a Transport operation
- PC literate, Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Word
- Sound Geographical knowledge
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff & management
- Flexibility regarding shifts, incl. weekend working
- Ability to work within a fast paced, energetic environment
- Strong Team working ability and inter personal skills
- Strong Knowledge of transport legislation
- Confidence to make decisions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous use in vehicle telematics software
The successful Transport Planner will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Transport Planner role will be based in County Antrim.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.