|Salary||€65000 - €70000 per annum|
|Published||24 days ago|
|Contact number||T: 01 4504288 EXT: 612 M: 086 1409232|
|Contact email||Laura Craughwell|
Treasury Accountant - Semi State Body
At Staffline Recruitment we are currently working on behalf of a Semi State body who are seeking to recruit an experienced Treasury Accountant to join their Finance department. This finance department is responsible for the provision of timely and insightful financial information to the Board, Executive and Management. It also has responsibility for the ongoing development of the company's internal control procedures and financial information system to fulfil regulatory and statutory requirements.
The purpose of this role will be to take responsibility for the management and regular reporting on the group's treasury activities along with liaising with corporate finance advisors to coordinate raising new finance for the coordination of the group 's infrastructure development projects.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Working closely with Corporate Finance advisors on putting significant funding in place for investment in infrastructure development, including the funding process,liaising with existing lenders, negotiating with new lenders and seeking relevant Ministerial consents.
- Monthly reporting of treasury position including Quarterly reporting to the Board.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the funding requirements for each business across the Group.
- Development of corporate models for the medium and long term to address issues such as funding requirements for significant infrastructure projects, lender requests, dividend frameworks, regulatory modelling etc.
- Matching funding terms with respective capital investment programmes.
- Development of new lending facilities with various banks to support day-to-day cash flow projections and requirements.
- Continuously monitoring of forecast and actual cash flows and matching the maturity profiles of financial assets and liabilities.
- Management of cash balances including the security of placing deposits, assessing returns from deposits and minimising interest costs in accordance with the Group treasury policy.
- Managing an appropriate risk management framework for the Group's short, medium and long-term funding and liquidity management requirements.
- Management of liquidity risk by maintaining adequate reserves, banking facilities and reserve borrowing facilities.
- Managing the Group's exposure to interest and foreign exchange rate risks.
- Knowledge of and compliance with various conditions of lending agreements, including timely settlement of obligations.
- On-going development and compliance of the Group treasury policy to respond to regular changes in the funding situation.
- Management of reporting requirements to banks and other institutions as required..
- Assisting the wider business with ad hoc treasury matters e.g. grant applications, project reporting, compliance reporting etc.
- Dealing with internal and external auditors in relation to treasury matters.
- Contribute to the year end process and the budgetary process as it relates to treasury accounting and disclosures.
- The person appointed may be expected to play a role in the development of company's financial systems.
- The role holder will be expected to support the activities of colleagues in Group Finance and the wider Finance team.
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Experienced qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA), with a minimum of 5 years' previous experience within a busy finance department
- Proven experience in a complex treasury position
- Experience of corporate treasury matters, including developing new lending facilities
- Experience of financial modelling
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Demonstrated organisational skills and the ability to operate on own initiative
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to organise.
- Working knowledge of Dynamics AX or similar financial packages
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
This is a permanent position that will offer a salary in the region of €70,000 with a hybrid working model and an attractive suite of benefits.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send an up to date version of your cv for review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
For further information or to discuss in confidence, call Laura directly on 086 1409232.