Tutor in Carpentry and Joinery
We are currently seeking a qualified joinery tutor, preferably with mentoring skills and a strong knowledge of working with awarding bodies and delivering NVQ qualifications. You should be comfortable working as part of a small team but with autonomy over your own training area. Responsible to centre manager but have full autonomy for training area and be able work on own initiative as well as part of a small team
- Planning, delivering and assessing a wide range of programmes with differentiation for the varying abilities of our learners.
- Mentoring and supporting students
- Innovative and creative learning methods
- Administration, portfolio building, working in accordance with awarding bodies requirements, reviewing and evaluation of quality provision.
- Comply with Covid-19 guidance and centre policies regarding behaviour, equality, safeguarding etc.
- Contribute to marketing, recruitment and business development.
- Liaise with awarding bodies and training partners and be prepared to attend relevant training to ensure all knowledge is current
- Development of new courses and programmes in line with clients needs.
- Lead and supervise community projects and embrace the social ethos of the centre and our community focus.
- Full NVQ level 3 in carpentry and joinery with certified documentation.
- Experience in the carpentry and joinery industry and strong skills level
- Hold an A1 assessors award or be prepared to obtain one immediately
- Have teaching experience and preferably hold a certificate in teaching or be prepared to gain one
- Have good interpersonal skills, written and oral patience and a genuine desire to support, encourage and inspire students.
- Be able to be creative and innovative in teaching methods and lesson planning.
- Experience in other areas of the construction industry.
- Hold an Iv IQA award.
- Mentoring qualification and / or experience.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday - 8:30am to 4:30pm (occasional evenings)