Tutor - Independent Living
Tutor - Independent Living Skills
Full time (Temporary)
The Role: To plan, prepare and deliver courses, workshops and online training to participants.
- To carry out administrative duties required in each programme area.
- To provide appropriate feedback and support to participants.
Key Job Duties:
- To plan and deliver training courses to individuals with varying needs and abilities, using appropriate learning materials and training methods, and in line with individual needs and ability.
- Create Assessment Plans, Schemes of Work and Lesson Plans to ensure structured sessions are provided ensuring training is stimulating, educational and takes account of the diverse needs of the client group.
- Prepare appropriate teaching materials and methods suitable for individual and group paced learning and support individuals through their training.
- Ensure all lessons are fully prepared, that learning outcomes are made clear and that progress against them is measured.
- Ensure delivery is to a high quality standard.
- Carry out self-evaluation and quality improvement planning.
- Liaise with Career Mentors regarding progression of participants in relation to work placements, employment opportunities and progression routes.
- Monitor and support learner attendance, retention and achievements providing accurate management information as required by programme requirements (including learner records, registers, reports and statistical data) as and when required.
- To participate in moderation and standardisation events as required.
The key job duties listed above give a broad outline of the functions of the role. However, these duties must be approached in a flexible manner. The job holder will be expected to adapt to changing circumstances and undertake other duties as allocated by your Line Manager. The outline of the job duties may change from time to time.
Hours of Work: 24 hours per week
- 5 G.C.S.E's at Grade C or equivalent to include English and Maths.
- A third level qualification in a related discipline.
- Desirable: A Level 3 Vocational Assessors Award (Former A1, D32/33)
- 1 year's teaching or training experience in independent living skills or personal development
- Proven experience of designing, developing and delivering effective training programmes.
- Proven experience in remote delivery ie using MS Teams / Zoom.
- Experience of working with individuals with disabilities.
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of child protection/safeguarding adults.
- Good administration and organisational skills.
- Driving Licence and access to own car essential.
- £12.50 p/hr
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.