- Meeting with clients and design agents to discuss upholstery ideas.
- Interpreting design orders and creating upholstery stencils.
- Selecting and sourcing upholstery materials.
- Dismantling furniture for upholstery preparation.
- Measuring and cutting leather or fabric with the aid of design stencils.
- Installing foam and batting to the furniture framework.
- Installing and repairing furniture webbing and seating springs.
- Stretching out and installing fabric or leather coverings.
- Stitching, gluing, and nailing fabric into place.
- Smoothing out imperfections.
- Conducting quality checks on completed orders.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven work experience as an Upholsterer.
- Excellent design skills.
- Ability to draw and interpret design templates.
- Knowledge of upholstery tools including hot knives, nail guns, and sewing equipment.
- Ability to lift, pull, and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to stand, kneel, and walk for up to eight hours a day.