- All aspects of examination of private cars, motorcycles, ambulances, public service vehicles (omnibuses and taxis), light, medium and heavy goods vehicles, and large passenger carrying vehicles. Relevant training will be provided for testing of all categories of vehicles.
- Use of a range of integrated test lane equipment including IT equipment (training will be provided as required).
- A requirement to drive a range of vehicles.
- Completion of relevant inspection reports and the issue of certificates to customers as appropriate.
- Assisting with the maintenance of equipment and general 'housekeeping' work as required by the 'supervisor' at the Test Centre.
- Normally maintaining a predetermined level of productivity.
- Keeping up to date with procedural and technical developments relating to vehicle testing work (including changes in relevant legislation and Agency policy).