Vehicle Maintenance Fitter
The Client: Local Government body, serving local residents.
The Role: Responsible for the effective and efficient maintenance of the vehicle fleet including refuse vehicles, commercial trucks, light vans, tractors, heavy plant and grounds maintenance equipment. Diagnosing, repairing and maintaining heavy commercial plant/vehicles including servicing and preparation for PSV's and MOT's, periodic vehicle safety checks, preventative maintenance and daily response maintenance/repairs
Hours of work: 37 hrs per week
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
- QUALIFICATION Time served motor mechanic. A recognised Motor Vehicle Trade qualification to either NVQ level 3 or City & Guilds 381 parts 1 and 2, or equivalent.
- EXPERIENCE a minimum of 3 years (post apprenticeship) employment experience of heavy commercial plant/vehicle repairs and maintenance.
It is desirable that applicants have:
- A minimum of 5 years (post apprenticeship) employment experience of heavy commercial plant/vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- A minimum of 2 years employment experience of automotive electrical and diagnostic systems.
- Working knowledge of at least 2 of the following 5 areas: - Refuse vehicle, Road sweepers, Grass cutting machinery, Hydraulic systems, Electrical systems, Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations.
- A full (i.e.) not provisional and current Class C Driving Licence. It is desirable that applicants have a Class E Driving Licence
- Rate of Pay: £12.95 p/hr
- Holiday Entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.