Verification Assistant required for Public Sector client based in Limavady.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
This post will be responsible for providing support to the Funding Unit. This support will include financial, vouching, verification and monitoring of the Councils Grant Funding expenditure.
The post holder will ensure that all funds allocated to Grant Programmes by Council are effectively and efficiently accounted for in accordance with Council policies and procedures.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide support to Council's Funding Unit, ensuring Application Forms are processed for eligibility. To ensure ineligible letters, Letters of Offer or Rejection are issued to organisations, along with other applicable documentation.
- To vouch and verify all grant expenditure and to process invoices in accordance Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council requirements.
- To undertake Verification visits or on the spot verification visits when required.
- To monitor the implementation of projects against letter of offer targets, ensuring that grant conditions are adhered to and that accurate project claims are supplied on a timely basis
- To give advice and guidance to projects in respect of monitoring where required.
- To assist the Funding Unit to process invoices and prepare regular claims to external funders.
- To ensure transparency and accountability through all payments approved by Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council.
- To liaise with the external funders regarding information and queries relating to funded projects.
- To undertake the collection and collation of financial and monitoring information for projects and input information into relevant databases ensuring that accurate records of all expenditure are maintained. Ensure compliance with Council procedures and systems and cooperate fully with any audit inspections.
Applicants must have:-
- One years experience in financial and administrative duties
- One years demonstrable employment experience claims processing including the vouching and verification of expenditure
- One years experience of using a range of IT packages which enable the postholder to fulfill requirements of the post including workd processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and databases.
- Access to a form of transport to enable the postholder to meet the requirements of the post in full
Temporary role, £9.50 per hour, working hours 37hrs per week Monday - Friday
Interested in this role please email cv to email@example.com