Verification Officer - Public Sector
Staffline are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Verification Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.72pr hour
13+ week's £14.47pr hour
Location: Belfast, City Centre
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
Advice and Guidance
A vital role for the Verification Officer will be to develop and nurture excellent working relationships both within and between all areas of the service. Key elements of the role will be to:
- Provide effective professional guidance and recommendations to the Governance Officer in relation to delivering the verification function.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal integrity and maintain professional standards throughout the organisation.
- Deliver results against departmental and business objectives.
- Develop comprehensive reporting procedures between external organisations and VSS.
The Verification Officer will contribute towards developing the internal and external communication channels and processes within the VSS. These include:
- Provide effective and timely verification updates, advice and information to the Governance Officer.
- Prepare reports, attend team meetings and represent the Victims and Survivors Service in any appropriate organisational activity at the request of the Governance Officer.
- Provide support for plans and programmes and demonstrate the ability to problem solve innovatively.
- Uphold the Service's reputation and public image in any external communications.
Policy and Strategy
- Contribute to the development and implementation of related policies within the governance function.
- Support the Governance Officer with the implementation of the governance policies.
The key elements that constitute the role of the Verification Officer for the Victims and Survivors Service are as follows:
- Ensure expenditure incurred is eligible, actual and consistent with the project concerned and monitor verification of expenditure against budgets.
- Complete verification forms, and produce verification reports as necessary, highlighting areas of non-compliance or potentially ineligible expenditure, detailing irregularities that will need reported to VSS management for recovery action.
- Ensure that projects comply with descriptions given in grant applications; confirm compliance with contract conditions and verify grant funding has been used as specified in the Letter of Offer.
- Design and tailor the nature and the scope of verification work to address the size and nature of projects and uncover and address irregularities.
- Be responsible for undertaking financial control visits, verification of projects, ensuring management control systems operate satisfactorily.
- Regularly report to the Governance Officer on non-compliance and financial irregularities and provide 'best practice' recommendations for improvement in line with the Best Practice Guidelines.
- Contribute to the review of monitoring and evaluation of the VSS funding schemes, policies and procedures, projects and programmes.
- Support the implementation of the VSS policies in relation to its statutory compliance.
- Liaise with VSS staff and a wide range of organisations and support the maintenance of positive client relationships.
- Organise and manage own workload to meet the changing priorities of the VSS.
- Ensure the safe storage of all financial records within the area of responsibility.
- Facilitate the work of internal and external auditors appointed to report on matters relating to the verification of funding.
- Work flexibly to meet the requirements of the post, as occasional meetings out of office hours may be required.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**