The main purpose of the role is the implementation of policy in respect of the following:-
- Public health
- Animal welfare
- Import controls
- Enzootic disease control or eradication
- Epizootic disease prevention and where necessary, control or eradication
- Zoonotic disease control and
- International trade.
- The key objectives for the role include:
- Control and eradicate enzootic disease
- Prevent entry to NI/and eradicate epizootic disease as required
- Promote and maintain acceptable animal welfare standards
- Promote the control of zoonotic disease
- Support public health standards
Appointees must have access to a form of transport to enable them to fulfil the responsibilities of the post and be prepared to travel throughout Northern Ireland.
It should be noted that some veterinarian posts may have regular travel as part of their normal duties and this will be a condition of these roles. This may include overnight stays. As necessary you may need to have a valid passport in place and comply with Occupational Health Service recommendations regarding foreign travel needs e.g. vaccines, medicines etc.
Appointees must be cleared to Access NI Basic level check.
Appointees must undergo Colour Vision, Tuberculosis, Brucellosis, food handling and audio medical assessments to ensure their suitability to undertake the full range of duties of the post.
1a. Be a Member or Fellow of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (MRCVS/FRCVS)
1b. Be eligible to seek membership of the RCVS*.
*Please note that the successful candidate, if not already fully registered with the RCVS, will be required to obtain registration in a timescale deemed reasonable by the Department and prior to taking up appointment, and must remain on the register while in the post.
2. Have at least one year's cumulative experience** working with farmed animals or in veterinary public health.
** This experience can be gained before graduation.
Full time post 37 hrs per week, shift work - will include regular weekend work and night duty. Shift patterns may be subject to change, determined by business needs
Interested applicants should forward your cv to email@example.com