Visitor Services Advisor
Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Limavady require a Visitor Services Advisor to join their team.
Hours of work : Week 1 - 24 hrs / Week 2 - 27.5 hrs
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.50p/hr 12 weeks + £10.60 p/hr
Main Duties :
- To be the consumer face of Visit Causeway Coast and Glens, promoting the area as a holiday destination providing inspiration to visitors and locals of what there is to see and do in the area.
- Ensure an exceptional level of customer service is provided to all customers.
- Support the Destination Marketing team to create relevant content online and to provide 'real time' online engagement in a wide range of channels for example Tourism Ireland Community Forum, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Assist the Destination Marketing Team in the preparation and updating of marketing literature Destination website and Discover NI.
- Carry out all necessary commercial activities, linking retail and ticketing activity to the needs of the visitor, creating memorable experiences.
- Ensure that retail stock is effectively merchandised and secure within the VIC and support the Assistant Visitor Servicing Officer (AVS) to manage stock control. When advised, place orders, receive deliveries, report discrepancies, record stock, price and display goods. Update associated administration.
- Responsible for the secure handling of all cash, credit card receipts etc and prepare and bank lodgements in full compliance with the VIC guidelines.
- Manage the stock of literature within the VIC.
- Share knowledge as appropriate to our trade actively promoting the services of the Visitor Information Centre.
- To plan, organise and prioritise daily workload and to meet specified time and quality targets in all duties in line with the objectives of the centre.
- Adhere to Tourism NI minimum standards and attend training were necessary.
- To assist with surveys to facilitate development of the VIC and Arts Centre.
Full Job Description available on request
Essential Criteria :
- Possess a minimum of 5 GCSE's (Grades A-C) or equivalent, which includes English Language and a numerate subject plus at least two years' experience within a tourism related or customer services environment which has included administrative duties and cash handling.
- Applicants who do not possess the above academic qualifications may be considered if they can demonstrate at least three years' experience as detailed above.
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of ICT applications including Microsoft Office packages, Word, Excel, Access and the World Wide Web (internet).
- Knowledge of tourist attractions and activities within the Causeway Coast and Glens area and in general across Northern Ireland.
- A current driving license valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
- *applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.