Visitor Services Manager
Staffline Ireland are recruiting for a Visitor Services Manager for a company in the leisure and tourism industry. The Visitor Services Manager will be responsible for the smooth operation and management of company's various centres and off-site visitor servicing at key events, cruise ships and conferences. The Visitor Services Manager will take customer service to the next level and deliver on commercial targets by leading and inspiring a team of staff and volunteers.
- Work with the Director of Visitor Servicing to develop and deliver an ambitious visitor services strategy.
- Manage the Welcome Centre, as well as off-site visitor information provision at both airports and the Cruise Welcome Hub, major events and conferences.
- Be responsible for securing commercial income across a number of visitor servicing platforms.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with partners and key Stakeholders including Belfast City Council and Tourism Northern Ireland
- Contribute to the preparation of an annual budget encompassing all elements of the department's visitor servicing activities.
- Management and control of all cash control procedures.
- Provide Payroll information on a monthly basis to the Finance Team.
- Assist with the preparation of regular reports to the board, its committees and funders on a regular basis.
- Assist with the recruitment, management and development of your team, undertake appraisals and identify training needs as required.
- Develop the Welcome Centre retail offering in line with the buying policy identifying new goods and products to maximise profits.
- Oversee the management of the sale of tour tickets and festival and event box office sales to meet annual ticketing targets, build and maintain excellent relationships with ticketing clients.
- Manage staff and volunteer rotas to maximise operational effectiveness.
- Ensure all staff receive sufficient training.
- Manage any staff issues, ensuring all staff policies and guidelines are adhered to.
- Along with the Visitor Services Assistant, further develop the Volunteer Programme and ensure volunteers are managed and developed appropriately.
- Ensure all facilities and services run smoothly i.e. tills, digital screens, CCTV, cameras and that service delivery contracts, i.e. cleaning, security and distribution etc., are delivered to standards required.
- Attendance, when required, at functions, receptions, exhibitions and meetings (locally and internationally).
- Assist the Director with the delivery of any new Visitor Servicing Projects.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Director of Visitor Servicing
- 3 years business management experience, gained preferably in a customer facing environment.
- Degree level qualification OR 5 year's relevant business management experience in a tourism/FMCG or related customer focused environment.
- 2 years' experience managing staff in a customer focused environment.
- Experience of managing and leading a team to deliver excellent customer service, business and commercial targets.
- Budget management experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages & IT Systems
- Experience of setting up systems and processes to manage and monitor activity.
- Demonstrable experience of working with stakeholders and clients
- Excellent written and oral communication, strong interpersonal skills including, report writing, presentation and sales skills.
- Analytical, organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Previous experiencing in working with technology systems such as ticketing platforms, POS and CMS.
- Results driven, enthusiastic, Team player .
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline i.e. Travel and Tourism, Business Studies, Marketing, Hospitality, Leisure, Retail, Commercial etc.
- 3 years' staff management experience.
- Facility management experience.
- Experience of retail/ticketing.
- Knowledge of Belfast and Northern Ireland as a tourism destination.
The successful Visitor Services Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Visitor Services Manager role will be based in Belfast
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.