Temporary Ward Clerk required for a large public sector organisation based at the Mater Hospital through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: £9.21 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 3 months pending review
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will provide administrative & clerical support at ward level to a multidisciplinary team and work as an integral part of the ward team. Participate in general office duties in accordance with local Policies & Procedures, i.e. filing, faxing, and photocopying and data entry.
- Input & extract information from PAS, Patient Centre & Patient Journey ensuring that information on these systems is accurate & current.
- Provide reports & information from electronic systems to assist medical/nursing staff with patient history & patient tracking.
- Ensure all patients admitted to the wards have been registered & records received in the ward
- Prepare patient records for ward rounds, file all investigations & relevant patient documentation
- On discharge collect charts, file all paperwork & ensure timely preparation of documentation for coding department
- E-mail the relevant department to highlight any ward reviews following discharge.
- Deliver patient's records to the medical secretaries for further transcription
- Contribute to the prompt answering of phone calls
- Use IT Systems available to record and produce work of a consistently high standard.
- Order transport for patients leaving the ward as appropriate
- Liaise with client, staff and departments internal and external to the Trust ensuring the delivery of a full and efficient service.
- Participate in annual review process to enhance Service Delivery & enhance own learning & development
- Attend relevant training sessions as required for the job role
- Deal with day to day queries as appropriate
- Provide cover for colleagues
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the band that may be assigned from time to time
- Arrange interpreters when appropriate
- Order and maintain an adequate supply of stationery
- Report any faults /incidents as appropriate
- General Responsibilities
- Employees of the Trust will be required to promote and support the mission and vision of the service for which they are responsible and:
- 5 GCSE's Grades A*-C including English and Maths or 2 years Administrative experience.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.