3 temporary Warehouse Operatives required for a local public sector organisation based in Carrickfergus.
Rate of Pay: £9.21 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week - 07:00 to 15:00 or 08:00 - 16:00
Duration: Temporary ongoing
- Verify correct delivery address, number of pallets/boxes to be unloaded and ensuring that they conform to required pallet height specification
- Receiving and verification of incoming stock/non-stock goods from suppliers for quantity and quality and reporting discrepancies
- Breaking down pallet loads of stock goods in preparation for putting away to fixed picking and/or semi random warehouse locations
- Adhere to the warehouse stock rotation policy when picking and replenishing stock goods
- Selecting stock goods from appropriate planned process cycle picking/issue documentation, taking care to achieve accuracy in allocating stock to appropriate boxes, plastic bags or roll cages
- Pick, assemble and despatch customer emergency requests in accordance with Customer Helpline timescales
- Marshall, sort and despatch orders in line with appropriate planned process cycles/distribution schedules
- Notification of breakages, shortages and damage of items of stock to be notified to the charge-hand
- Use of mechanical aids, such as Hand Pallet Trucks, Electric Order picking Trucks and where certified, Electric Counterbalance Truck and Reach Trucks
- Carry out daily routine maintenance checks on mechanical aids equipment and report any deficiencies or defects etc.
- Ensure the daily movement of wooden pallets and roll cages within the warehouse to facilitate the efficient working of the warehouse stock operation
- Assist in the efficient operation of the Return to Store procedure
- Take all necessary steps to ensure the security of the warehouse stock inventory at all times
- Wear protective clothing/footwear provided
- Undertake warehouse duties in accordance with ISO 9001 Procedures/Work Instructions as directed for working within the Supplies Distribution Centre
- Maintain the warehouse working areas in a clean and tidy condition and free from obstruction, being aware of and complying with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, COSHH Regulations, any associated Codes of Practice and any other safe working practices or procedures which may be introduced from time to time
- 5 GCSEs (Grade A-C) including Mathematics or English, or equivalent
- 1 years relevant experience in a warehouse environment
- Counterbalance and Reachtruck licences essential
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link. Closing date for applications will be Friday 16th October 2020.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.