Warehouse Operative - Full Time Permanent
We are recruiting for a Warehouse Operative to join the team for one of our client's based in Antrim on a full time permanent basis. The role is to ensure all parcels received into the depot are fully and correctly sorted and scanned, as directed, in the required timescales, including but not limited to the following:
- Ensuring all parcels are scanned using the Handheld Terminals.
- Packing parcels into cages.
- Checking cages for parcels sorted incorrectly.
- Damaged Goods Procedures
- RTS (Return to Sender) Procedures
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Sweeping out cages
- Operating a Forklift Truck (Training will be provided)
- Reporting to the Depot supervisor
- Assisting with all functions of driver load and debrief
- Any other activity from time to time requested by the Depot Supervisor, Regional Franchise Manager or Regional Franchisee.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1-year previous Warehouse experience
- Physically fit as the role requires manual lifting of parcels.
- Ability to understand/complete basic administration/documentation.
- Ability to use warehouse computer systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Available to work shifts
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Forklift Licence
- A working knowledge of delivery procedures
- Previous experience of working directly with customers.
- Previous experience of driving light vans e.g., Transit.
- Previous experience of multi drops.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
Educated to minimum GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday - 3am to finish (finish can vary from 9am to 11am depending on business needs)
Rate of Pay:
- £10.60 per hour
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.