Waste Management Operatives
Staffline are recruiting on behalf of our Public Sector client, for a Waste Management Operative on a temporary basis based in Antrim.
Role: Waste Management Operative
Rate of Pay: £9.62
Main Purpose of the role:
Provision of Waste Resource Management (WRM) Services including the collection of waste (residual & recyclable waste/resource) from the kerbside, street cleansing, and Household Recycling Centre functions in accordance with the quality standards..
- Carry out WRM Collection duties, to collect all approved domestic and commercial refuse and recyclable containers presented, ensuring all containers are returned to a safe position.
- Assist the driver whilst reversing where appropriate to do so.
- Daily reporting to the vehicle driver any actual or potential mechanical or electrical faults, or damage to the vehicle.
- When carrying out Street Cleansing duties, cleanse footpaths and adjacent gutters, collection of litter on public highways and other specified areas within the Borough to the quality standards set out by the Council by means of manual sweeping, shovelling, litter picking, pedestrian operated suction sweepers and other appropriate methods.
- Emptying of litter bins and waste receptacles, weeding of footpaths and gutters, cleaning of street furniture, removal of fly-tipped and fly-posted materials, removal of animal carcasses and any other cleansing or emergency works.
- Collection of bulky domestic items, heavy garden waste, and accumulations of waste resulting from illegally dumped materials. Collection of litter, as and when required, on specified carriageways, verges and any Council owned property.
- Carrying out Household Recycling Centre duties, to supervise the disposal of all waste, assist members of the public with the disposal of large and heavy items, ensure that the use of recycling facilities are maximised and that the site is kept clean, tidy and free from litter. Maximise the diversion of waste resources from the residual waste stream to increase the recycling and recovery of waste. Carry out key holder duties on occasions.
- May be required to drive a Council vehicle under 3.5T, provided the appropriate Category B licence is held.
Basic literacy (ability to read instructions/communications
Minimum of 6 months previous relevant work experience in a waste environment
Flexible approach · Good organisational and time management skills · Ability to work with minimal supervision · Computer literate (to use TMS for holidays/GPS
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.