|Salary||Up to £10.98 per hour|
|Published||28 days ago|
1. Carry out WRM Collection duties, to collect all approved domestic and commercial refuse and recyclable containers presented, ensuring all containers are returned to a safe position.
2. Assist the driver whilst reversing where appropriate to do so.
3. Daily reporting to the vehicle driver any actual or potential mechanical or electrical faults, or damage to the vehicle.
4. When carrying out Street Cleansing duties, cleanse footpaths and adjacent gutters, collection of litter on public highways and other specified areas within the Borough to the quality standards set out by the Council by means of manual sweeping, shovelling, litter picking, pedestrian operated suction sweepers and other appropriate methods.
5. Emptying of litter bins and waste receptacles, weeding of footpaths and gutters, cleaning of street furniture, removal of fly-tipped and fly-posted materials, removal of animal carcasses and any other cleansing or emergency works.
6. Collection of bulky domestic items, heavy garden waste, and accumulations of waste resulting from illegally dumped materials. Collection of litter, as and when required, on specified carriageways, verges and any Council owned property.
7. Carrying out Household Recycling Centre duties, to supervise the disposal of all waste, assist members of the public with the disposal of large and heavy items, ensure that the use of recycling facilities are maximised and that the site is kept clean, tidy and free from litter. Maximise the diversion of waste resources from the residual waste stream to increase the recycling and recovery of waste. Carry out key holder duties on occasions.
8. In the event of inclement weather preventing normal work undertake such alternative tasks commensurate with the level of the post as may be allocated by management, including gritting and snow clearance.
9. Maintaining records, completing documentation and all associated work.
10. May be required to drive a Council vehicle provided the appropriate Category B licence is held.
11. Assist and carry out the delivery of Council communications, including leaflets, stickers & flyers, which may require to be attached or stuck to a bin or delivered through letter box or equivalent.
12. Contribute to the performance of the Operational Services Section to ensure key performance indicators for the Section are achieved.
13. Communicate fully with your line manager, colleagues and customers in order to enhance the service provided.
14. Attend meetings and participate in training relevant to the work of the Section.