Our client, a large public sector body, require a Temporary Wastewater Assets Operator based in Derry/Londonderry.
Rate of Pay: £12.05 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 4 months pending review
- Process checks at delegated WwTWs (Waste Water Treatment Works)
- Process related pre-planned duties
- Dealing with reactive process faults/alarms
- Maintenance duties as required throughout area including low frequency non-process tasks
- Optimisation of wastewater assets including trouble shooting of faults
- Operation of Mobile Work Management and Lone worker/confined spaces systems
- Recording and system operation of IPPC affected processes to ensure compliance.
- Ensure a high level of compliance and customer service is delivered
- 2 GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Maths at Grade C or above
- A minimum of one years' experience working in operation and maintenance activities within the Utility Sector or Construction Industry OR A minimum of one years' experience in the operation and or / maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant or similar type treatment process in another Industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook applications
- Applicants must hold a full current driving licence enabling them to drive in Northern Ireland as successful applicants will be required to drive company vehicles.
- Be medically fit to undergo any training in relation to confined space work. (Please note that due to Health and Safety regulations, there is a maximum weight limit of 101kgs)
- A requirement to participate in an out of hours on-call and overtime rota as well as a requirement to work overtime; including weekends and public and privilege holiday and provide cover for others when the need arises.
- Potential employees must have a permanent residence within 20 miles travelling distance by public road to the geographical location specific to the posts hub Culmore WwTW as measured by RAC Route Planner from full postcode to full postcode via the 'shortest route' selection on the website. This is to enable client to meet its key customer service requirements and deliver effective services to customers, particularly in respect of the need to respond promptly to out of hours emergencies
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link. These roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.