Wastewater Data Manager
Temporary Wastewater Data Manager required for a large public sector client based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £15.59 per hour
Location: Westland Complex, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 8 months pending review
- Responsible for the extraction of Wastewater Analytics data, including the analysis of data and reporting of information that directly influences strategy, decision making, operational performance and efficiency.
- Lead on analysis of Wastewater data / information and recommending actions for improved service to customers.
- Identify approaches or tools that will assist in understanding the cost drivers within Wastewater and how these can be reduced / eliminated through specific actions e.g. Asset / Infrastructure investments.
- Lead in the area of Wastewater Asset Failure analysis and support planning teams that develop Wastewater Capital planning solutions
- Preparation of management information reports in relation to Finance, Mobile Work Management, Business Plans, Sludge Management, Pollution, Flow Compliance, Regulatory Reporting and other ad hoc reports as required with creation of automated reporting where possible.
- Collect and combine data from various sources.
- Determine if current performance reports & controls are adequate for the Wastewater Function.
- Using analytical software to enhance data analysis and make informed business decisions using statistical techniques.
- Support the Wastewater teams to establish a performance and metric driven culture
- Assist in the development of processes and methodologies for risk-based analysis of current and proposed investment needs.
- Participation in technology and innovation development, e.g. automation and remote control, which is an integral part of NI Water's future in terms of improved efficiency and customer service.
- Represent the Wastewater Production Line on various NI Water projects including the ACE Programme, Capital Work Projects, external conferences and meetings.
- Contribute to and participate in the Wastewater Production Line Performance Hub forums.
- Identify operating costs efficiencies
- Possess a degree/HND/HNC or equivalent in engineering, science, business, statistics OR 4 years' experience in asset management, customer service delivery or engineering
- Must hold or achieve accreditation in Microsoft Office Specialist (expert level) in Excel within 6 months and Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate in Business Intelligence Reporting within 18 months.
- Demonstrable understanding of the use of statistics in order to drive business decisions.
- Two years' relevant experience of extracting and transforming data, analysing complex data sets to provide meaningful insights and communicating complex insights graphically, verbally and in writing.
- Two years' relevant experience working with data models (for example Business Objects or PowerPivot) and knowledge of database concepts (for example entities, attributes, relations, normalisation).
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a basic Access NI Disclosure check at £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.