Job Title: Water Treatment Process Technician
Location: Omagh, Co.Tyrone
Length: 6 Months
The Client: NI Water
- Effective and efficient operation of treatment plants and raw water resources.
- All work to be carried out with full consideration for and compliance with health and safety procedures.
- The main duties and responsibilities of the role will be as follows:
RAW WATER INTAKES
- Carry out checks throughout the catchment including the checking and cleaning of intakes, screens and raw water pipelines and aqueducts
- Carry out checks at impounding reservoirs including water levels, pollution control, site security, H&S, grounds maintenance and valving operations.
WATER TREATMENT PROCESS
- Working on own operate complex water treatment plants across the designated area in accordance with operating manuals.
- Sample and analyse water quality at various stages throughout the treatment process and make informed decisions on process adjustments.
- Adjust and monitor chemical dosing in accordance with set parameters.
- Problem solving and decision making through the use of standards, procedures, established regulations, precedent and using innovative and creative thinking to resolve complex issues.
- Collate and monitor performance data to ensure compliance with Northern Ireland Water Key Performance Indicators and Drinking Water Quality Regulations.
- De- sludge and clean DAF Cells, Filters and channels.
- Checking and signing for deliveries of fuels, chemicals, and other plant delivered to site
- Carry out and report on site security inspections
- Report and ensure compliance with the Environmental Management System for both in-house and contracted activities
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety regulations and procedures
- Administrative duties as delegated by Line Management
- Other general duties affecting the operation of the treatment plant and catchment as required by Line
- Attendance / work at other Water Supply sites as required by Management to provide cover
- The post holder will be required to work on own outside normal working hours on weekdays, weekends and public and privilege holidays to resolve process faults and plant shut downs.
Hours of work: Mon -Fri - 37 hrs per week
- Have 2 GCSE's in English & Maths or equivalent at Grade C or above
- One years' experience in the operation and or / maintenance of a water treatment plant or similar type industrial process in another industry
- Basic knowledge and experience of using computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer or similar.
- A current valid driving licence, which will enable you to fulfil your responsibilities.
- Medically fit to undertake relevant training e.g. working in confined spaces. (Please note that due to Health & Safety regulations there is a maximum weight limit of 120kgs for confined space work).
- A requirement to participate in an out of hours on-call and overtime rota as well as a requirement to work overtime; including weekends and public and privilege holiday.
- Potential employees must have a permanent residence within 25 miles travelling distance by public road to both of the following post codes Derg WTW, BT82 9LW and Lough Braden WTW, BT78 4QL as measured by RAC Route Planner via the 'shortest route' selection on the website; as
- measured by RAC Route Planner from each of the full plant postcodes to your full home postcode via the 'shortest route' selection on the website. This is to enable NI Water to meet its key customer service requirements and deliver effective services to customers, particularly in respect of the need to respond promptly to out of hours emergencies.
- Knowledge of the Health & Safety requirements relating to water treatment
- Experience and/or knowledge of water treatment processes
- Rate of pay: £13.50 per hour
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Coleen O'Hara - email@example.com
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.