|Salary||Up to £29000 per annum|
|Published||18 days ago|
|Contact email||Diane McGregor|
The Role: Our client based in Newry requires a Fabricator/Welder to join their team. You will be reliable, enthusiastic, hard working with a focused attitude. Be able to follow instructions and work to deadlines.
- Ensure that you understand and read fabrication drawings and Job cards and check for clarification where necessary
- Ensure that there is the correct selection of raw materials for the job requirements
- Ensure proper measurements are implemented and cut raw materials, ensuring minimum waste
- Ensure the proper cutting and fabrication of steel using MIG welder, ARC welder, Oxyacetylene Torch cutting, band-saw, magnetic drill, angle grinder, drill, plasma cutter and plate rolls according to proper manufacturer instructions
- Ensure safe operation of Counter Balance Forklift and also daily inspection records are kept up to date
- Ensuring workshop environment is kept clean and tidy with high regard to Health & Safety
- Ensure the proper storage of tools and materials in a safe manner
- Ensure the inspection of tools and electrical extension leads for damage and wear are carried out regularly.
- Carry out fabrication on site as requested and necessary to meet the requirements of the job
- Communicate regularly with office staff, as necessary, to ensure deadlines are met
- To liaise with other staff members to ensure process from order to delivery is efficient and agreed delivery date is met
- To report and record any accidents, Dangerous Occurrence or near miss to a member of management in line with Company Procedures.
- To develop and maintain good teamwork among staff, and ensure personal time keeping and attendance.
- To take part in training events that will enhance the skills required to undertake the duties of this role
- To carry out any tasks or duties as deemed appropriate by management.
- To observe and comply with all Human Resources, Financial, and Health & Safety policies and procedures as outlined within the company handbook.
- GCSE English and Maths grade C or above
- Attention to detail and precision
- The ability to read drawings
- Experienced with at least 2 years in a similar role
- Counterbalance forklift license
- Working to Health and Safety standards
Hours of work: Mon - Fri (40 hours per week)
Salary: 29k per annum (based on experience)
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up-to-date CV by clicking the button.