Staffline recruitment are currently seeking Welders for the Monaghan area. This role is commutable from Dundalk, Drogheda, Newry and also parts of Cavan.
About the Role
- Ensure all materials are accounted for; tack and weld materials together as per engineering drawing to the highest standard and quality
* Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings, particularly welding symbols
* Understanding of Lean Principles & methodology.
* Ability to work within a team environment and able to use own initiative
* Complying with current and future Health & Safety laws, processes and procedures
This above description is non-exhaustive and there may be additional duties in accordance with the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work on own initiative with a "can do\make it happen" attitude is essential.
* Position requires high attention to detail and accuracy of information.
* Ability to work with others to meet strict deadlines and be steady under pressure.
* Professional Approach to all tasks undertaken.
* Good customer service ability.
* Logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
* Motivated self-starter with an eye for detail
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
* Qualified welder
* Be able to read and interpret complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables and other measuring instruments specialized to the job or industry.
* Must have 1-3 years' work experience, preferably welding in a heavy equipment environment
* Excellent problem-solving skills, judgment and decision making skill
* Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly
* Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects at one time
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work with minimal guidance
* Ability to drive quality improvements
* Ability to meet given targets
* Knowledge of H & S procedures & responsibilities
* Experience in Lean Manufacturing preferred