Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Work Controller to start mid July for a duration of 3 months
Pay rate: £12.73 per hour
Hours: 42 hours (SHIFT PATTERN)
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Control the assignment, scheduling, dispatch and closure of work to staff and contractors using our systems, optimising available resources to ensure customer requirements are prioritised, in accordance with clients vision and values.
- Interpret data from all available systems and customers, to allow early recognition of real time events, enabling field staff to respond early and resolve quickly. Continuous monitoring through to closure of events, updating colleagues and systems to keep customers informed.
- Evaluate, analyse and accurately change / capture / escalate information on systems, supporting the integrity of data, driving operational efficiency and improving the quality of management information.
- Work collaboratively with CSC and Production Lines colleagues, sharing information and communicating effectively to optimise service delivery for our customers.
- Authorise and control client staff /contractors working on our assets / network, enabling a permission to operate' philosophy, to minimise disruption and promote a calm network.
- Extract data and present in a manner that conveys the information in a clear and concise manner, appropriate to the audience.
- Prepare and distribute regular and ad-hoc reports, providing your managers, colleagues and Production Lines with useful information / recommendations, influencing and facilitating quick decision making.
- Take ownership of process documents ensuring they are fit for purpose and recommend improvements that would enhance service delivery.
- Identify and recommend more efficient ways to deliver a quality customer service, contributing to an ethos of continuous improvement.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with Health and Safety standards and associated processes.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs, including English and Maths or equivalent
- 2 years' experience in a customer service role, analysing and interpreting system data.
- Experience of communicating effectively across a diverse range of stakeholders, using various communication methods.
- Experience of working to challenging targets / deadlines, in a regulated and / or customer service environment.
- Ability to work alone and use initiative, whilst contributing to wider team objectives.
- Competent in the use of computers, including MS Office Applications: Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Willingness to complete a relevant professional qualification e.g. NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- Access to a form of transport that will enable you to attend work at times when public transport is not operating and to attend at short notice whilst on-call.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.