Temporary Work Controller required for a large public sector client based in Derry/Londonderry.
Rate of Pay: £12.73 per hour
Location: Gelvin Grange
Hours: 42 hours per week as per shift pattern rota
Duration: 3 months pending review
- Control the scheduling, dispatch and closure of work to NI Water field staff / contractors, making effective use of systems and optimising available resources to prioritise customer requirements, in accordance with NI Water's vision and values.
- Handle customer telephone contacts and log appropriately to ensure the correct course of action is taken. Make outbound customer calls to gain additional information or keep customers updated.
- Interpret data from all available systems and customers, to allow early recognition of real time events, enabling field staff to respond early and resolve quickly. Continuous monitoring through to closure of events, updating colleagues and systems to keep customers informed.
- Evaluate, analyse and accurately change / capture / escalate information on systems, supporting the integrity of data, driving operational efficiency and improving the quality of management information.
- Work collaboratively with CSC, CRC and Production Lines colleagues, sharing information and communicating effectively to optimise service delivery for our customers.
- Authorise and control NI Water staff /contractors working on our assets / network, enabling a 'permission to operate' philosophy, to minimise disruption and promote a calm network.
- Support Telemetry Controllers in monitoring, investigating and analysing trends on telemetry systems, to prevent service interruptions and unnecessary work and mitigate the impact on our customers, Water / Wastewater Production Lines and regulatory targets.
- Extract data and present in a manner that conveys the information in a clear and concise manner, appropriate to the audience.
- Prepare and distribute regular and ad-hoc reports, providing your managers, colleagues and Production Lines with useful information / recommendations, influencing and facilitating quick decision making.
- Take ownership of process documents ensuring they are fit for purpose and recommend improvements that would enhance service delivery.
- Identify and recommend more efficient ways to deliver a quality customer service, contributing to an ethos of continuous improvement.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with NI Water Health and Safety standards and associated processes.
- Undertake other duties that may be reasonably expected
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent, including English and Maths OR 2 years' experience in a customer centric role, analysing and interpreting system data
- Experience of communicating effectively across a diverse range of stakeholders, using various communication methods
- Experience of working to challenging targets / deadlines, in a regulated and / or customer service environment.
- Competent in the use of computers, including MS Office Applications: Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Willingness to complete a relevant professional qualification e.g. NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- A working knowledge of NI Water assets and networks
- A full, current driving license or access to a form of transport to enable the candidate to fulfil their responsibilities
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a basic Access NI Disclosure check at £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.