Two "Zoo Crew" members required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £9.81 per hour
Location: Belfast Zoo, Belfast
Hours: 18.5 hours/37 hours per week
Duration: 1 month pending review
- To deal with visitors entering the site, signposting, providing venue information and conducting tours
- Receiving fees for admission
- Participate in all zoo wide promotions
- To promote and process membership schemes, including issuing and re-issuing membership cards
- Maintaining the database
- To carry out duties required in the souvenir shop including selling goods, re-stocking maintaining stock levels to satisfy customer needs, receiving and checking goods inwards, signing delivery notes pricing and merchandising
- To carry out regular stock checks and providing accurate information to management
- To maintain cleanliness levels on the site - removing waste, emptying bins in public and staff areas, and disposing of packaging and other materials
- To undertake general and specific cleaning duties including sweeping, mopping, polishing and litter picking of all public and staff areas, and toilets
- To operate and use mechanical and electrical cleaning and polishing equipment
- To undertake general and specific labouring duties as directed, for example, dismantling, maintenance and storage of seating.
- To demonstrate the use of mobility scooters and record appropriate documentation
- To provide administrative back up to the shift supervisors and other relevant zoo staff
- To be responsible for allocated cash floats and the operation and cashing up of allocated tills and reconciliation of cash at point of sale
- To administratively assist with first aid, recording accident or incident details, filling out accident or incident reports, recording accidents and reporting all incidents to management
- Full UK driving licence which allows candidate to drive in Northern Ireland
- One years experience in dealing with enquiries and cash handling on behalf of customers
- One years experience in general cleaning duties
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.